Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buggy

Week 52 Flash Contest

17 posts in this topic

like i said i was lost for something (something that would get more people entering anyway)

watching my little one scream around on his skateboard made me think extreme sports- but because the olympics are on figured id expand it out to all sports

im sure there is plenty to take inspiration from in this topic

these rules are in place to make the contest run smoothly and efficiently.

Rules

1:- Original Art ONLY

2:- Each member may submit only ONE entry per week

2:- Pencil, Pen, Ink, Crayon, Paints, watercolor etc...

3:- NO Digital or Photoshop (unless your cropping or making it a smaller size)

4:- Week ends on Saturday at midnight eastern time (my time)

5:- Art must be "Tattooable."

6:- Nothing you drew a month ago is allowed, must be Original/New stuff from every contestant

7:- If you feel the need to Prove your work, please provide evidence of this. (entirely up to you)

8:- NO High Jacking of the weekly thread what so ever!!

Most important RULE is HAVE FUN

i hope this isnt an indication of how many entries were going to get this week :blink: ,

is everyone too busy or does the theme suck- if it does then we can go with something else and let it go for another week or so

due to no one taking an interest in this topic, if its ok i thought maybe we'd go with something that everyones been doing lately and let it run for another week,

SKULLS- maybe everyone thats been working on a skull design can refine it a bit more if they like and if you havent done one- do one!!

I know we did skulls a couple of months ago, but considering everyones gone a bit skull mad thought it might be a good way to get more entries

Im not sure if i need to start a new thread, :D ???

already drew something sporty up would it still be alright to post? If not skulls wouldnt be a problem.

im sure everyone could come up with something sporty or sport related though.

im not particularly a sporty person but come on if people can do teacups lol its worth a try!

this forum is about challenging yourself!

micah

im not at all sporty either, just thought there was heaps to take ideas from, but maybe not- maybe everyones too busy, we'll let it run for another week and see what everyone comes up with- im happy to keep it sporty though if thats whats wanted- sporty skulls :lol:

Ok heres my entry not my best but still....good to get something up =]

micah

surfboardcw7.jpg

micah

surfboardcw7.jpg

cool i like it-good to finally see an entry, i should have mine up by the end of the day

micah

surfboardcw7.jpg

thats awesome, Love it.

buggy you finally some competition.

alright here is mine...where are all the entries, i was sure we'd get some kind of old school boxing guy or weight lifter....something, oh well still a couple of days to go i guess

mr buggy wants your surfboard phlux, hope you dont mind- i'll try and do it justice

skateguy.jpg

i kind of ran out of paper, but would have liked the sunburst to extend up more, but i didnt decide until after id done the rest that that was the kind of sun i wanted and i wasnt about to do the whole thing again ;)

Awesome! Wicked idea to have flash comps. Soon as I found this thred I grabed a pencil and went at it, quickly drew this up, incorperated the sport theme with the skull theme. Did not take my time with this at all as you can probly see, skull looks a bit boring I think. Bah....

post-2581-1219943396_thumb.jpg

this is mine....

DSC00037-2.jpg

i posted this in show and tell couple days ago y not here....

not in show and tell , imeant in art class.....

Edited by Grecko

sporty skulls?? now im feelin like a real goose......sorry guys....lol

Awesome! Wicked idea to have flash comps. Soon as I found this thred I grabed a pencil and went at it, quickly drew this up, incorperated the sport theme with the skull theme. Did not take my time with this at all as you can probly see, skull looks a bit boring I think. Bah....

post-2581-1219943396_thumb.jpg

Very cool concept man.

buggy, your art skills blow my mind.

Useless, i think with more colour yours could be sweet too.

sporty skulls?? now im feelin like a real goose......sorry guys....lol

no no dont worry about that, it was sport then i changed it to skulls last week when we got no entries, now its just sport or skulls or sporty skulls

anything to get a few entries :huh:

thanks passononewheel, although im making it way to hard for myself-everything i draw my partner says he wants tattooing, and at the moment they are way out if my league

cool concept jester- all good entries this week, what i like to see

HvyMtL023.jpg

HvyMtL023.jpg

One word... suh-weet, love this concept and have mixed feelings about getting in on this skull thing, (it's the one thing I feel I'm decent at, but I also see I'm still a bit outta my league here), great inspiration though to hit the paper with pencil on a more regular basis. nice job barrett

Edit: After a good second look, I gotta admit I missed Jesus on the lower right side the first time around, which makes the piece even nicer

Edited by rocklife