Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Epic

My Machine Sprays Ink??

When I put a shading needle on my machine it sprays ink in a polka-dot-like pattern. It never did this before and a friend of mine who uses the same needles has never had this problem. What am I doing wrong?

When I put a shading needle on my machine it sprays ink in a polka-dot-like pattern. It never did this before and a friend of mine who uses the same needles has never had this problem. What am I doing wrong?

LOTS of factors could be at play here man....from the type of ink, consistency (color or black vs diluted graywash), needle hang, plastic vs SS tubes, machine speed, voltage etc. Its really hard to say. But, its also doesnt mean something is wrong if you have a little spatter... its not terribly uncommon.

Are you currently tattooing human skin?

You may want to try turning or tuning it down. That would be my first guess, with out seeing it in person.

Thanks, I'll try that. I expected to see some but it just caught my attention because we tried his machine and there was no splatter at all and with the same setup using my machine, well, I could turn it on and from a quarter inch away effectively paint any surface black with ink.

BTW I am tattooing on human skin.. I haven't tried pigskin or fruit, I didn't know you could tattoo on fruit until I came across these forums..

I allowed a friend to practice his first few months of tattooing on my arm so he's allowing me space on his leg now that I'm giving it a shot.

Thanks, I'll try that. I expected to see some but it just caught my attention because we tried his machine and there was no splatter at all and with the same setup using my machine, well, I could turn it on and from a quarter inch away effectively paint any surface black with ink.

BTW I am tattooing on human skin.. I haven't tried pigskin or fruit, I didn't know you could tattoo on fruit until I came across these forums..

I allowed a friend to practice his first few months of tattooing on my arm so he's allowing me space on his leg now that I'm giving it a shot.

hope you guys are being as clean as possible...

study up on CC and BBP....i found that when my machine spits

i have the voltage 2 high...or forgot to pop a couple rubber bands on the needle bar...

also if the needle hang is to shallow or 2 deep it will spit...

how thin is your ink?...what inks are you using...?

what kind of machine and tube needle combos...?

all disposables i hope...there are alot of factors ...keep looking man...the info is here

ya just have to do some leg work...good luck to ya...hoping to see some of your work

chuck

sometimes if your needles are'nt riding flush and square in the bottom of the tube it can splatter, a slight bend in the needle bar sometimes helps, add an extra band, check that your a-bar is centered, like Toph said, theres many factors.

Guest flawdog joe

wow i thought someone as smart as you could answer such a simple problem

i would tell you but my logic is flawed remember....

wow i thought someone as smart as you could answer such a simple problem

i would tell you but my logic is flawed remember....

flawdog joe, there is really no reason for this remark. If you have problems with a member

take it up in PM. No need to turn a thread into another shouting match.

To everyone else reading this thread:

If something or someone pisses you off. Ignore it and move along.

Let's keep this forum civil.

You have a problem, PM a mod.

Guest flawdog joe
flawdog joe, there is really no reason for this remark. If you have problems with a member

wow ok

sorry

I'm gonna see if I can read up on some tattoo machine tuning.. thanks everyone, I'll post when I finally figure it out.

Agreed!

Actually, while inspecting it, I realized that I need to replace the O-ring, it sorta tore right off... could that have been it? hah.

Actually, while inspecting it, I realized that I need to replace the O-ring, it sorta tore right off... could that have been it? hah.

m8 i doubt its the 0 ring , i dont even use 0 rings

Are you possibly confusing the o-ring with the grommet?

alot of the time its the rubber band position on the needle....pipster

put a small bend in your needle bar and put two bands on , trust me , it worked for me