Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
skin

Multimeter

Hey

Jus wanting to get my hands on one of these as at first was considering buying a ps with all the technical readouts but have heard mulitmeters do the exact thing. Anybody got any experiences with them? also a good one to go for which ill display hz ft duty etc etc? Maplins?

Cheers

Edited by skin

Guest krazy_tatau

they read out the hz and the duty cycle, not the follow through... so i believe. they can also read the capacitor too. yup maplins sell them in uk... about 30 quid i think i paid for mine

I use a Fluke 189 and it works great.

They're probably more expensive but I use it for a lot of other things.

Here's a pic testing a running machine.

post-2057-1218218561_thumb.jpg

ok got it today sorted out the hz i'm running at (liner-130 /shader-110).

figured that my clipcord was wrong way (kept displaying -6v, switched clipcord around and now reads 6v...so i figure thats the right way round now)

what would duty cycle come as though? which switch is it? there isnt nothing in the book that says duty, any pointers?

ok got it today sorted out the hz i'm running at (liner-130 /shader-110).

figured that my clipcord was wrong way (kept displaying -6v, switched clipcord around and now reads 6v...so i figure thats the right way round now)

what would duty cycle come as though? which switch is it? there isnt nothing in the book that says duty, any pointers?

You were putting your meter's probes the wrong way vs. how your clip cord was hooked up. Since a tattoo machine has no polarity you can clip

your cord any way you want. Which is why you meter was giving you -6, if you would've have switched the probes around the +6volt would

have appeared.

Since a tattoo machine has no polarity you can clip

your cord any way you want.

Wouldn't this have a diverse effect on the cap if it is a polarized one ??

thats what i was thinking.

I thought bi polar works fine regardless but caps are sure to last longer if polarity is correct

Am i talking shit?

thats what i was thinking.

I thought bi polar works fine regardless but caps are sure to last longer if polarity is correct

Am i talking shit?

Na you're not talking shit mate, bi polay ( non polarized ) is fine, but polarized is sure to stuff up

if the polarity is reversed, it may take a long session, it may not.... either way it will eventually shit itself.

Merc

1021/5000

I think the Fluke 87V might be a good choice, I appreciate it more than the rest of Fluke products. Possesses accurate measurement capability by true True-RMS multi-line non-linear current values. Measure AC / DC voltage up to 1000V; measuring the current of 10 A, 20 A in a maximum of 30 seconds, Measuring the frequency range of 200 kHz and% of operation cycle (duty cycle), measuring resistance with a measuring range of 50MΩ / 0.1 MΩ; measuring capacitance of 10,000µF accuracy ± (1% +2); Measure the rated temperature -200,0 ° C to 1090 ° C; measuring current intensity of measuring range 6000A / 0.001A; 20 A overload for a maximum of 30 seconds.  Designed to meet EN 61010-1 to CAT III 1000V, CAT IV 600V & Electrical safety certification of UL, CSA, TÜV, VDE. Choosing the Fluke 87V is a good choice, see more about this product here Techmaster Electronics J.S.C.