Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
The Sixx

Starbrite Tribal Black Vs Starbrite Lining Ink

Ok so I am looking for your opinions! I use Tribal Black by starbrite to line with and it works awesome but I have an unopened bottled of their liner ink is there any benifits to using it or should i stick to whats tried and true?

To use a tribal black for outlines is kind of hard to keep the design clean,also is much easy to make a blowups.You have to be very careful.The tribal black is spreading more under the skin,after a few years the lines will be much thiker than the lines with normal ink. Good luck.

Ok so I am looking for your opinions! I use Tribal Black by starbrite to line with and it works awesome but I have an unopened bottled of their liner ink is there any benifits to using it or should i stick to whats tried and true?

I've never used the tribal black. I've been using their black outlining and it works fine for me though. I use it for greywash too. I would say try the black outliner and see how you like it.

Been alot of discussion lately regarding black inks and their intended uses in relation to how they handle. Is it really as simple as tribal/shading/black fill ink simply being thinner than lining ink? Or are there other elements that make it better for those uses Vs lining?

ive used the lining black from starbrite, i like it. little thicker than Sumi and plenty dark.

i actually like it a little better than sumi for lining, doesnt seem to flow quite as fast.

i've been using one, starbright black, and moms turbo black... turbo was the thickest and 'seemed' to spread under the skin the least... the other two were about the same thickness but honestly the 'spread' appeared like ink on paper or watercolor, the more time the loaded tip stays on the surface(or in the skin) not moving the more time it could 'spread'.. this is totally a 'seat of the pants' measurement.. it just 'looked' that way.... it also seems that response from members around the globe that some product in some regions have little differences

Thanx you guys well I am doing a few this weekend so I will definately give it a shot and post some thoughts and some pics.

ok verdict is in for me on the lining ink its good but not my forte it seemed like i had to move at a snails pace to get the same creamy awesome lines I'm used to. As for what gettattoo said I think he may be right if you use the tribal black with a real slow hand but I seem to line on the fast side and havent seen any of the things he talks about I guess it may depend on your style and how you use it.

ok verdict is in for me on the lining ink its good but not my forte it seemed like i had to move at a snails pace to get the same creamy awesome lines I'm used to. As for what gettattoo said I think he may be right if you use the tribal black with a real slow hand but I seem to line on the fast side and havent seen any of the things he talks about I guess it may depend on your style and how you use it.

Or maybe time will tell.