draize

A Machine I Finished Putting Together

GEDC0941.jpg

GEDC0943.jpg

GEDC0942.jpg

i run a forgiven machine and i can tell you that this machine is awesome, not quite as awesome as a forgiven machine but still.

tell me what you think, ps. not for sale

Edited by draize

it looks great bro , have you loaded it yet>?

it looks like the a-bar is a little too forward but it might be the pic .

awesome looking

from the angle of the 2nd photo it looks like the nipple of the a bar is too far forward i would close the gap up between the spring shelf and a bar by using a longer a bar

i would change the geometry of the upright to brng it down closer to the coils the wiring needs tidying up and you might get a few hassles later on with broken wires where the elastic bands rub on them.

turn the capacitor around so its the right way around unless its a bi polar.joining the capacitor and the coil together where you have is a weak point aswell that position is gonna get a lot of rough treatment and it will break unless your gonna be real careful

change the angle of the front spring so it doesnt flutter so much and cause bounce

good finish on the frame though

what material have you used as shims ?

from the angle of the 2nd photo it looks like the nipple of the a bar is too far forward i would close the gap up between the spring shelf and a bar by using a longer a bar

i would change the geometry of the upright to brng it down closer to the coils the wiring needs tidying up and you might get a few hassles later on with broken wires where the elastic bands rub on them.

turn the capacitor around so its the right way around unless its a bi polar.joining the capacitor and the coil together where you have is a weak point aswell that position is gonna get a lot of rough treatment and it will break unless your gonna be real careful

change the angle of the front spring so it doesnt flutter so much and cause bounce

good finish on the frame though

what material have you used as shims ?

listen to this man ..

he knows whats up..

trust me ..

A.

Looks good, but going by the photo it looks like the A bar is too far forward and not sitting over the rear coil properly. FYI - I changed out my caps on both of my machine recently and it made a hugh difference, both machines are performing 100% better.

its actually just a really long a-bar, it does sit right over the coil. the cap is bipolar, and what would i do to make the spring flutter less?

and yes i have loaded it, havent done any work with it, but the nipple sits perfectly.

oh right, the frame needed to be bent a little bit, so i threw it into a wood stove and the frame turned black, so theres the finish!

Not to start an argument but that cap sure doesn't look bi-polar. You may want to double check it. Last I recalled, bipolar caps don't have polarity markings as that one does.

Also, is this the same machine that was shocking you? Because a backwards cap might be causing the heat-up issue. That is, if its backwards.

Edited by Rat-a-Tat

it doesnt shock me or heat up anymore, i was being a dumbass and tried to stilt the coils on washers. ultimately i gave up, cut off the spring deck and made a new one out of a front binding post, when it was stilted i had to crank it up to 10 volts just to get it to run, now it runs smooth and even at 3 ish volts.

and i tried the switching polaritys when it was shocking me and it made no difference.

thanks for the input, if i sounded like a dick at anypoint. i didnt mean to, im not great with words

ohh you were telling me about this before draize hahaha

looks kool man

great machine man!

did you used it yet?

nice looking machine.

The cap looks upside down to me

That is, if your red goes at the bottom

I can see the arrows and the crimp on it.

sounds like you've got it running good tho.