Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
topcattatz

Indian Design

This is the second sitting. Its not complete yet as the skull and horns still requires shading to give them some depth. Its been a while since I did the outline and adding colour last noght I noticed a couple of flaws. These will easily be covered once the shading is complete. Used a 5RL, 9RS and 9 mag.

Sorry the picture is squint (the tattoo itself is nice and square on his back) I didn't notice it on my camera viewer and by the time I loaded it into the computer the guy had gone.

gallery_1401_186_1514493.jpg

All comments welcome.

Cheers

TC

Very good work,but prety ugly design.Next time try to find some beter piece.

Its not really my taste either but its a mate of mine and he's got this Red Indian theme going on so it fits with a lot of the other stuff he's had done previously.

I suppose if we only tattooed stuff that we'd wear ourselves we'd be pretty idle most of the time. Every now and again I've talked people out of a particular tattoo because its something I wouldn't want on me or didn't like. I've tried to stop that now and as long as its not offensive or likely to impact on their life (i.e. big neck tattoo) then I'll offer my opinion but at the end of the day its their choice.

Cheers

TC

yes.I know how are the things with the customers.They have the last word,but you can do beter the shape of the skull,the cracks..etc.

Is look that you have skills for a good tattoo artist.

yes.I know how are the things with the customers.They have the last word,but you can do beter the shape of the skull,the cracks..etc.

The lining and shading skills are there but the cow skull it's self shoulda been made longer to look more like a real one... yeah it needs shading too but the feathers and the beads are right on with the shading... Overall it's ok but do some shading on the skull... Keep going, you're there but sometimes you need to intervene and redraw a bad flash to make the difference between good and great... I'm liking it but just not feeling the skull just yet...

I've still got to shade the skull and add a lot of shadow etc so I'm hopeful it will turn out well. As for the design I did look at a few similar designs on other websites featuring cowhorn skulls for reference and they were all pretty similar.

Thanks for the comments

TC

to me it looks like the lines are far from perfect, either they're super deep and blow out everywhere, or they're shallow and disappearing. there's hardly a solid, consistent line in there. am i the only one who's seeing this?

i'll critique for real when the whole thing is done. keep at it dude!

to me it looks like the lines are far from perfect, either they're super deep and blow out everywhere, or they're shallow and disappearing. there's hardly a solid, consistent line in there. am i the only one who's seeing this?

i'll critique for real when the whole thing is done. keep at it dude!

The lines are quite good for this palce....it's a very hard to get nice lines of the lover back,specialy on flat people.Need lot of expirience.

Overall the tattoo looks done well.

I have to agree totaly with gettatttoo

tattoo looks executed very well..

but the design leaves MUCH to be desired..

Nice work though man..

I did a lower back peice not to long ago.. man that was a bear. you can stretch the skin for miles..

Nice work though man..

I did a lower back peice not to long ago.. man that was a bear. you can stretch the skin for miles..

HAHAHHAHAAAHAHHAHAAAAA...LOL....you are killing me :lol::)

I'm not overly fussed on the skull.. but thats all skulls in general not just yours..

I think the rest of it is really nice. I love the beads and the leather strapping.. and the feathers look nice too. though they need the fine lines in them to create the feathery effect to complete them.

nice job :-)

It's very important how will stand(sit) the customer.They have to sit on high chair and trying to strech the skin as much as possible...I don't know how to explain,my eng sucks.....but they have to push the head and chest forward...LOL ...did you understand? sorry..I sucks :)

It's very important how will stand(sit) the customer.They have to sit on high chair and trying to strech the skin as much as possible...I don't know how to explain,my eng sucks.....but they have to push the head and chest forward...LOL ...did you understand? sorry..I sucks :)

yep i have them double over as much as possible to help stretch the skin . i also agree that the design is poor but the execution isn't bad.not perfect but not bad either. try a lil line sculpting to even out the linework to get them consistent anchors had a point but its not as bad as he made it sound in my opinion. its still got another session right? you'll get it worked out

Edited by eric1972

hey TC i like the work. I won't comment on the skull until its done, for accuracy and whatnot, but the scheme of the feathers and beads i think is excellent. Great color combos you got, especially like the hues you chose for the leather straps, once you color and shad the skull i think it;ll really make it pop and give it that kickass affect. i like the feather style you chose, but, just thinkin out loud, maybe take a 3rl or even a single, and make fine angled lines at edges for more feather look, just thinking out loud tho man. they look pretty sweet. And for where feather meets the strappin in the little tuft, what if you added just a little bit of a light light blue to give it some more depth, like where the the strappin just meedts that white tuft in that U bend do some light whippin with it just enough to add a light highlight. Just suggestion, again thinkin out loud. Seems like he's a bigger dude, so Kudos for pullin thru on a real tough spot man. hope didn't offend by suggestions. I really like how it turned out so far, with straps and bead and feather assortment. When are you scheduled for more work on it?

topcattatz said: 'I've still got to shade the skull and add a lot of shadow etc so I'm hopeful it will turn out well.'

it's a great start, and like most have said, I took look forward to seeing it finished :)

I think the reason the skull looks a bit strange is just what you said... it's not shaded yet... but because so many of the other parts of the design have an extra level of detail the skull looks out of place... not wrong, just different to the rest of the piece, if thta makes sense

gettattoo... I know exactly what you mean about positioning the person so that they do the majority of the stretching (your english isn't that bad)

I use a stool with 2 small steps that fold out from the frame for lower back designs

when they sit on the stool with their feet on the top step I get them to lay their chest on their thighs and wrap their arms around their legs

that stretches the design out more than twice the size

I worked on a girl 2 weeks ago who had a baby 4mths old so she was still a bit flabby... I had to get her to put her feet on the second step down to get enough stretch

cheers

gail

(aka gb)

i think its great. but yeah the skull part is pretty flawed. BUT its all fixable with dark black shading on the background can hide the outer linework make it look wider , and hide alot of things. maybe alot of black shading will resuce the face part , thats what id do.

I posted this piece on Tuesday morning my time and then had to shoot away for a couple of days hence why I haven't replied to any of the posts.

Anyway thanks for all the comments and critique. There are a number of points within them that I'll be taking on board. Unfortunately its going to be a few months until I can finish the piece as I'm going away next week. Once I get back I'll obviously finish it and post the results.

Again thanks for the comments.

Cheers

TC