BULLDOG

Sad So Sad

i just had to write this...

friday i had a guy around to book for his last sitting on a rib piece.from the last sitting he had i had heard that he had bought a ebay kit and had been tattooing

so when he said about his next sitting i said to him i thought you would have done it yourself

his reply was i have only been tattooing youngster around 16 but i have been asking there parents??????

i then asked about steralizing no problem was his answer i bought one of ebay.

his that the one that goes buzz. yes that the one he replied

i then informed him that it was a cleaner and not a auto clave and that he could have infected every one that he had tattooed including his self

i then stood there for half a hour trying to exsplain about steralizing and possible infections

but it went in one ear and out the other

sunday i have a client in who told me about a friend of hers who had a kit for christmas and who is doing the same thing she only got the kit so she could make enough money to buy a lap top for collage.she is charging on average £50 A TAT,WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS PEOPLE ARE PAYING IT

PEOPLE CAN GO ON THE NET TO BUY A KIT BUT IT STOPS THERE. WHILE THERE WAITING FOR THAT KIT TO ARRIVE THEY COULD BE CHECKING THE SANITARY SIDE OF THINGS

this is purly a rant on my behalf qand is not directed at anyone on here

one more i had a guy who asked me to set his machines for him,i normaly do this no problem.but i told him no why he asked well look at your hands they are coverd in shit,he had be working on his car and could not even see sense in washing his hands before touching any of his gear

sorry for any spelling mistakes not

friday i had a guy around to book for his last sitting on a rib piece.from the last sitting he had i had heard that he had bought a ebay kit and had been tattooing

so when he said about his next sitting i said to him i thought you would have done it yourself

his reply was i have only been tattooing youngster around 16 but i have been asking there parents??????

i then asked about steralizing no problem was his answer i bought one of ebay.

his that the one that goes buzz. yes that the one he replied

i then informed him that it was a cleaner and not a auto clave and that he could have infected every one that he had tattooed including his self

i then stood there for half a hour trying to exsplain about steralizing and possible infections

but it went in one ear and out the other

sunday i have a client in who told me about a friend of hers who had a kit for christmas and who is doing the same thing she only got the kit so she could make enough money to buy a lap top for collage.she is charging on average £50 A TAT,WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS PEOPLE ARE PAYING IT

PEOPLE CAN GO ON THE NET TO BUY A KIT BUT IT STOPS THERE. WHILE THERE WAITING FOR THAT KIT TO ARRIVE THEY COULD BE CHECKING THE SANITARY SIDE OF THINGS

this is purly a rant on my behalf qand is not directed at anyone on here

one more i had a guy who asked me to set his machines for him,i normaly do this no problem.but i told him no why he asked well look at your hands they are coverd in shit,he had be working on his car and could not even see sense in washing his hands before touching any of his gear

sorry for any spelling mistakes not

These are the type of people that make it harder for the rest of us.

and even worse, it puts many peoples lives in danger.

Its cool to want to be a part of this art, but like everything else there's a responsibility that comes along with it.

If they can't understand how important safety and health is, then they absolutely cannot continue to practice.

I say you talk to them more and really drill it into their heads that they really need to be responsible.

Do everything you can from every angle to try to get them to listen.

Try your absolute best to be understanding and come in at them with facts absent of personal opinion.

Even if you have to give them a personal set up class on BBP and CC.

You can go to emergencyuniversity.com if you want a concise format to follow.

It sucks, but this is something you have to do, because you took on the responsibilities yourself to be an artist, and with that its your duty to protect the art and people.

again, be as cordial and passionate about it as possible to make them understand its importance.

But... if you've done all that you can. And you've given them multiple chances to understand.

if all that doesn't work. you have 2 options.

1.) call them in and report them.

or

2.) Beat the senses into them.

Its a hard one. Because I'm not one to solve things with violence. But I'm not one to be a rat either.

But something has to be done.

You can't just sit back and watch while they could be killing people.

This is serious sh*t.

the best thing you can do is just leave them alone.

you turn them in, you are the blame. Locals might as well mark you with black plauge

you use violence, that always makes tattoo artist look good, and it's seem to solve all of the worlds problems thus far.

Hopefully you can tell thats scarcasim

the best thing you can do is just leave them alone.

you turn them in, you are the blame. Locals might as well mark you with black plauge

you use violence, that always makes tattoo artist look good, and it's seem to solve all of the worlds problems thus far.

Hopefully you can tell thats scarcasim

I disagree.

I pointed out that you have to do all that you can at first, to go about things the right way.

you have to sit them down and talk to them.

Teach them if you have too.

Try your best to do things right.

But in the end.

THERE IS NO WAY. Something like this should just be "left alone".

This is lives here we're talking about.

To walk away would be like watching someone getting raped on the street and walking away.

We have to take sh*t like this seriously, or we're just cowards.

If it comes down to me being to blame because I wanted to save peoples lives. And me being labelled a "Black plague" to other shops. F*CK THEM. They can suck my nuts.

F*ck it, I'd do it to save lives. And thats what we all should be doing.

Are we going to let local shops stop us from having balls too?

As far as violence goes. Yeah, it wouldn't be my first choice. But I'd man to man with someone if I got a problem with them first, before I call the authorities.

Give them a chance to fight for their ideals, if they believe so badly that they think they have a right to put other peoples lives in danger.

Think about the families, the children, every f*cking person that could be at risk.

And we're supposed to just "let it go"?

The intentions are good. and its for the best of all.

We can't just lay down and let people do irresponsible sh*t.

Thats a major problem that we have in the World.

I'm not trying to be an ass. But come on guys, we know better then this. We can't just f*cking sit around when people are defiling our art, and putting peoples lives in danger.

i agree with you completely.

my point is that doing the right thing ofent leads to troubles. so i still stand by my previous post. then again i not the best role model. Gladly you provide us with another oulook which is good. Sort of a devils advocate. Maybe looking at this a little more objectivly, everyone should make there own decision on what to do. but atleast there are a few opinions to see what the options are.

that I agree on.

Doing the right thing, does, a lot of the time, lead to troubles.

But life is not all pleasure. Life is always throwing challenges and trials our way. In fact, its through trials that we become stronger and learn to not be complacent in challenging our ethics/morals/ideals, and being content on not growing. We can't just avoid it, just because it'll hurt us personally. We have to think about others sometimes. Not always, and not in the least for petty sh*t, but in this case we do because its a matter of lives which are at risk and in stake. And even on a more specific level, its also to preserve the integrity of this art (you know, if the said defender is an egoist, and cares for nothing else).

But you are correct in this and that We do all need to make our own decisions.

you know the funniest thing is.. I recently met a owner of a local shop this is taking strides is changing the way tattooing illegaly and legaly is handled.. he's been lobbying the state leaders try to get laws passed that would require lic. to tattoo.. with a minimum ammount of trainging being set up..

and making tattooing without a lic. a felony charge!!!

on the other hand.. he reuses needle bar rubber nipples.. Ive seen artist working for him wearing contaminated gloves while re-filling ink caps during a tattoo (come the fuck on people) Ive seen the use of green soap in ways that it simply isnt doing what they think it is.. (such as a surface disinfectant)..

now Im totaly new to the shop life but man once you are in the know about CC and BBP its insain how scary it is to see other working with dirty habits..

One of the artist at this shop said he has never cleaned his machine.. (and he doesnt bag)

Its scares the shit out of me thinking I could infect someone while doing a tattoo.... that I could possibly spread something that could kill someone.. or at the least hurt the way they live now.. :D that fear alone makes me take every percation I can.. I strive to keep an extremly clean work area.. and it really bums me out when I see others not. specially people that have been tattooing for years..

That is one thing if nothing else Jason, Mark, Bull Dog and all the rest of u guys that have helped teach about CC and BBP on here.. you guys should be extremly proud of yourselfs.. even though there are tons of people out there that dont know.. you are helping teach all on here the right and proper way.. all the people that DO give a shit and find this website.. and thats the best we can do at this stage I guess :D

when I went back home to the place I learned at the old piercer I used to work with her little brother started tattooing and has been doing it for 5 years now. He told me how great he was at it and how fast he was at tattooing. I showed off my forgiven machines and he said, "check out these ones they're better." Without wearing gloves he hands me one of his machines rubber band still on them with the ink and blood from lastnights client. I screamed in my head and calmly handed them back saying they were cool. Then held my hand out like I touched a sticky doorknob in a strip club and went to the bathroom to set my hand on fire.

Later on that day he was talking shit about another artist who uses a 14 to line with and I said I never use bigger then a 9; he said, "shit I use a 4 at the biggest and I run it through my pant leg if I want to spread it out." He was dead serious. I sure as shit know he doesn't then go re-sterilize it.

Fast forward 2 hours later. He is eating a sandwich at his station on top of a piece of plastic wrap. He is dropping food off of his table and picking it up and eating it. His client comes in. He tells him hold on while he finishes and sets up. Smashes the sandwich in his mouth slurps off his fingers then sets up DIRECTLY over his food scraps without changing the plastic wiping teh area down or washing his hands.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! that was a wide awake nightmare. I couldn't belive it. Teh owner doesn't give a shit andmore and I asked my highschool buddy who had just yelled at him for the reasons not to spraypaint swastikas outside the shop about this. He said, "how do you think I feel seeing it everyday." This guy has gone to prison been on probation all that shit and still won't learn any lessons. It doesn't just happen outside the shop but bad practices are universal.

I think what these above points all prove is that whether it be a kid of 16 with no knowledge of health and safety, or whether it be a 'pro' shop artist...

there are some people who will never listen or learn or understand whats right and wrong when it involves peoples health and wellbeing ( and in some cases their lives ).

the boy gives a bad name to ALL people trying and striving hard to the the right way- there is enough whipping sticks out there already without a new idiot supplying a fresh 'stick' top beat us with.

The shop guy is the unfortunate reminder that time in the business does not always mean wisdom.

the topic is food for thought for all, it is also the type of topic haters love to read....

:-(

Mate, that is totally unacceptable

Not only the unhygenic practices, but the fact that he thinks only doing yougsters is ok. I won't tattoo anyone under 25 unless i know they have put some serious thought into what they are getting, and even then if i think its dumb then i still wont do it. People over 30 are my main skins and many of them don't put much thought into what their doing. Young people 18 and younger are very easily influenced when they think the person their talking to is a cool role model. Tattooing them is taking advantage of their inexperiance in life. Dont get me wrong this doesnt apply to all youngsters but many. Now you think some youg kid not only has a crap tattoo that he will regret and need coverd, but he is running the risk of getting hep c or worse, he will then continue to spred whatever disiese he may catch with every young girl he sleeps with without knowing

Tell him to bring his machines over for you to look at and take them of him, and frankly, if he's an adult, and not listing to your advice on bbp and cc, I personally would give him a bitch slappin too.

Guest DELETED_GAZ
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

that is a class statement ....

im scared :D

Tell him to bring his machines over for you to look at and take them of him, and frankly, if he's an adult, and not listing to your advice on bbp and cc, I personally would give him a bitch slappin too.

that's what i was thinking.... great quote too thumbgrinder. sums it up

when I went back home to the place I learned at the old piercer I used to work with her little brother started tattooing and has been doing it for 5 years now. He told me how great he was at it and how fast he was at tattooing. I showed off my forgiven machines and he said, "check out these ones they're better." Without wearing gloves he hands me one of his machines rubber band still on them with the ink and blood from lastnights client. I screamed in my head and calmly handed them back saying they were cool. Then held my hand out like I touched a sticky doorknob in a strip club and went to the bathroom to set my hand on fire...

JESUS! I can't believe people target us (us being people who are trying to get educated) about "respect for the industry" when people like these still have jobs!

Bulldog, you may not be able to change every mind, but you're doing a great service by TRYING to educate the people you come across.

Edited by valerie

o.k heres the up date

the guy thats tattooing the 16 year olds after i had a few words with him about the down side of not steralizing proper

is going to sell is gear on ebay

the other one that i have no personal contact with,i have given her the forums address so hopfully she will sign up and you guys can help out on that one

there was a reply on here about teaching them the right way or give them a BEATING..if i was to do this dont you think i would be no better than the pro's

who say about braking scratchers hands with a hammer

i can only tell these guys how it is i cannot make anybody do what they dont want to do

the guy thats selling his kit is a good thing but when you think about it some one else could buy this and do no diffrent to what he done

sorry for the spelling mistakes not

there was a reply on here about teaching them the right way or give them a BEATING..if i was to do this dont you think i would be no better than the pro's

who say about braking scratchers hands with a hammer

i can only tell these guys how it is i cannot make anybody do what they dont want to do

If this quote is directed at me.

First of all, I'll make it clear I'm not trying to argue or be an ass, so don't misread and misinterpret what I write here or in my past posts.

Secondly, you need to read my replies better, and I know you didn't go through my response thoroughly or you could've picked up my name and indicated its me you're referring to, you would have noticed that I've said it 3x what the primary intentions were/are, I mentioned twice regarding the steps and the amount of effort you have to put in before even considering violence as an option, and also I also didn't say you HAVE TO beat them down. Did I say that? I said they're 2 options at the very end when you've exhausted your resources to do everything you can the right way.

1.) if you don't want to be a rat. take it up with them physically.

OR

2.) TURN THEM IN.

You have the choice. So don't cop out and say you can't do anything else.

When you say "I can only tell these guys how it is i cannot make anybody do what they don't want to do".

Its a defeatist attitude.

Thats the attitude of someone without courage. So I hope you were tired when you wrote this, or maybe its a language thing and you had something else in mind when you wrote this but couldn't express it right.

But if it is your true intended statement... thats not the way to think.

We have a responsibility to do all we can to stop ignorant practices. If you can tell yourself that you love this art, that you are a professional, you CANNOT just be content, with just telling them and letting them continue. These are f*cking LIVES. I don't know why its hard for some people to grasp. Like Ripped said, and he's right on the money... These people are potential killing an unlimited amount of people because of this practice. Again, f*cking children and kids are at risk, and we are supposed to just be okay with "telling them"?

No. I say f*ck that.

again...

simplified so you can read these bullet points.

*do everything you can to do things the right way. Educate them. Talk to them absent of personal opinion and providing facts. Have a sit down Heart to Heart if all fails. Try everything.

* if they absolutely refuse above all to respect this art and are so f*cking ignorant to continue to not listen and put peoples lives in danger...

then at that point, they're f*cking useless

1.) Beat them down, cause they are f*cking ignorant and useless. Give them a chance to fight for their greedy self serving ignorant ideals.

Or

2.) turn them in.

You know. This is our Art. And this is the responsibility we take on as people who want to be a part of this. Its not just some self serving practice to draw and make pretty pictures on Bodies.

It has a weight to it in responsibility because of what it is.

The over all Health and Safety for the people and yourself, IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN TATTOOING.

You ignore the foundation that we build on if you are content with not having an absolute conviction to stopping ignorant practices.

and again.. I'm not saying these people are bad. Not at all. They are just uneducated and misguided.

its our responsibility to teach them and give them the proper direction.

the last 2 options is an absolute last resort against those who have proven to be ignorant, and is the options of protection, for the art, ourselves, and the general public.

This could be a very interesting debate, just wanted to remind everyone

to keep tempters in check.

My 2 cents:

try and help the guy out, if he doesn't seem to understand the implications of his action

show him a few sites with infected tattoos.. if he still doesn't seem to listen turn him in.

I'd consider him a potential menace to society...

I think we need to start being more stern on this site about people taking things too casually. If you haven't ever worked in a shop or have experience with Sterilization and Autoclaves working in a professional setting, you SHOULD NOT BE USING THEM! Use disposable tubes and needles ONLY.

We have a lot of people here who go out and get professional equipment without any training whatsoever. This is not OK. Let's start here and be a bit more stern when we see newbies coming on talking about Autoclaves and such. That's a good starting point. As I always say, it's up to us on this site to dispel the idea that scratchers are irresponsible and lax about CC and safety.

. As I always say, it's up to us on this site to dispel the idea that scratchers are irresponsible and lax about CC and safety.

But they are...those people are the exact perception that people have of a "scratcher"....most, probably not all; but most of the people here seem to be clean and take sterility and sanitation seriously....to me there is a difference....BTW im in a shop and I use only disposables, I dont want the hassle of an autoclave or SS tubes, Im used to my disposables so Im sticking with them..

If you arent spending the $ for a proper Autoclave and monthly spore testing you should be using disposables. Period.

Hoa I hear where you are coming from, and I understand why you feel as strongly as you do. And I agree with you about how serious this really is...I too think that sometimes in life you have to stand up for what you believe...To those that disagree I ask you this:

1. If it was YOUR 16 year old kid coming home with a tattoo from that idiot what would you do? What about your little brother or sister?

I know what I would do, and sorry Jason there would be alot more than just a broken hand coming to that guy...I think most of here would react the same way...if not you'd report the disease spreading leach on society...wichever path chosen, still means the same thing. You must take action if the person will not listen to sommon sense and still intends to risk the lives of others, himself and his own family. If he intends to knowingly harm people I have no sympathy for whatever "bad luck" or "random act of violence" that he might encounter.

Hoa Paio i did read your post and ever one else 3 or 4 times

i am not the best of writers and do find it very hard to get what i mean written down IAM SORRY

i did talk to the guy for some time and so did my wife,i can see were you thought i had just brushed it to one side but believe me i didnt

bacause when i told him what he could have passed on to people the guy went white.i then suggested using dispo,but also told him his work area had to be sterial as well also about cleaning his machines ,clipcord keeping ink bottles bagged ,spray bottles bag i think you nowere i was going

but after this he said his self that this was out of is league so would prefer to sell up

what more do you think i could have done

if i find out he his still tattooing i will have another talk

but even if he tells me he sold it but carries on tattoo with out me finding out there is other ways of closing him down with out ratting on him or giving a beating.its called word and mouth and that gets around quicker than a curry on a sunday morning

the thing is i will be finding out who he tattooed and mentioning to their parents that there was sterilizing being done

with the other one i only know of her not who she his so i thought by giving her the forum address is far better than doing nothing.when i was first told of her wanting to start i told her friend she could pop down for a coffee and we could talk tattoos.like i said before i cant make them listen or take any notice

over the years i have helped a lot of people i am better with hands on than trying to make sence on here

i love tattooing and always will, i try to do what i think is right but iam not going to please everyone

you have not meet me to know my feelings the same as i have not meet you

i dont come on here to argue with anyone.i come on this site every day not always signing in but iam here

this site is amazing when i first found it i could not belive how responsible people were on here and kean

i wish i was a better writer because i love to answer some of the questions but what i write seems good in my head but shit when i write it

iam teaching somone on the forum at the moment but he as passed all is exams about cc and safty but we still talk about it to see if there is a way that we can inprove on it

1 more thing and thats it i will also spend time with the client and exsplain the steralizing to them also this way if they go any were else for a tat they know what they are looking for

chef ink

it took me so long to write this that you posted in front of me

the reason i did say somthing in the begining was that it could have been a granchild or a nephew or niece

believe me when i wrote this i tried not to do it with the angeir that i have in side that would not have been any use to the noobies on here.we dont what to put them off asking the important questions

Hoa Paio peace bro

sorry for spelling mistakes not

Edited by BULLDOG