Ripped

Some Good Info

41 posts in this topic

just solder any cap from radio shack onto it and see how it performs, buy 5 different caps and try em. It should only take you an hour to test out five different caps.

did he mention the trick bout stuffing your coils with steel wool? thats a good one...

Very good post, a lot of questions I had answered.

Loads of info great post.

That was the most informative read I have digested.Bloody brilliant!

Thanks and a million kudos to Ripped. :)

copy paste and printed - thankyou :-D

grab some electrical tape or shrink wrap to recover them, i dont think its too important that theyre not recovered.

EDIT-- must read page 2 before replying doh

Edited by tattoo1

Thanks for the info .. much appreciated

KOL

did he mention the trick bout stuffing your coils with steel wool? thats a good one...

get better results just using longer screws to fill the holes

awesome. thanks for sharing the knowlege

Nice one ripped, good info :)

Only small thing is I don't agree that every tattoo MUST have an outline and shading.

There are loads of different styles besides this traditional approach.

x

Brilliant!! Very helpful stuff. Thankyou.

i just stripped a machine i have down to clean it good and sand ect ect and i put it back together and now when i hook it up to the power the arm bar just sticks to the top of the coil like some electro magnetic force instead of vibrating what have i done wrong any help or insight would be greatly appreciated i know ive messed something probally simple and stupid up but in order to progress one has to admit his mistakes i think thank you for ur time

Hey Lei. this is a common problem that has come up a bunch of times so its well covered on back pages.....hit the search and you will find the answer to your question and a whole load of answers to questions you hadnt got round to asking yet....the search facility is your best friend ! :)

But but but what if your coils are heatshrinked? If I take the wrapping off to see what resistance the capacitor is, will I bollox up my machine? Can I replace the shrinkwrap with something else? I've just stripped my machine and reassembled it, but am none the wiser about my capacitor.

Correction for everyone here:

Capacitors are rated in "capacitance" in micro-farads (uF) in tattooing world (can be

lower, like pico-farads, elsewhere). They are NOT rated in "resistance".

Resistors are different components, and their "resistance" is rated in Ohms.

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance

I know most tattooists aren't engineers, but I don't want you to embarrass yourselves with the basics!!!

i just stripped a machine i have down to clean it good and sand ect ect and i put it back together and now when i hook it up to the power the arm bar just sticks to the top of the coil like some electro magnetic force instead of vibrating what have i done wrong any help or insight would be greatly appreciated i know ive messed something probally simple and stupid up but in order to progress one has to admit his mistakes i think thank you for ur time

Check insulated washers. (Google: Doorbell circuit)