Sign in to follow this  
Ripped

Another Tribal

Here is one i did on the weekend. I did 2 tribals this week end but only rememberd to take a photo of this one. The first one i used a 5rl for the outline and a 7m1 for the fill. This one i used a 7rl for the outline and a 7m2 for the fill. I hadnt used the m2 untill now. I think the m1 would be better for shading and the m2 was better for fill. I also think i could have gone a much larger needle configeration for both the outline and fill, but this is only guesing, any advice on this would be apreciated. What i liked about the mags was the fact i could draw in a fine line or block in the color without changing machines.

Just for the record, I dont like tribal all that much myself, there is cerainly none on me, but im gratefull plenty of people do, it gives me a chance to play with new needles and technique without worrying about messing it up. I told this guy that "Im going to try some needles that i havn't used before, so if i chew you up we'll change machines" I felt the need to let him know this. He still let me tattoo him, I wouldnt have. It does sometimes amaze me at how eager some people seem to be to get inked. Lucky for them I am very carefull.

post-980-1200903729_thumb.jpg

Looks good, not a fan either, but it's good that people do like it, great for our experience.

Where's the design from?

Have to agree Ripped, I only like tribal for the exersice portion of it. It just getts boring after awhile. Not alot of artistic input if they only want black bands. woo-hoo! O.K., this is what I see.

Line work: Some of the edges seam like they could have been a little smoother. a few jagged curves here and there. A couple of the points look a little wonky also.

Fill: Looks really good.

Shading: N/A

Color Harmony: Black on Black, what can you say.

Placement/Size: The placement looks good, but seams a little skinny for the area, which brings us to....

Design: Maybe a little more thought on the design. Make it a little wider to fill the face of the arm. Plus the tight group in the middle left, doesnt look like it belogs with the rest of the design. I also noticed how a few bands seperated as they went under a section but were attached on the other side, not feeling that, just seems weird and out of place.

Feedback: Take a long look at all the edges before you send them on there way and try to sculpt them out as smooth as possible to keep the flow going. The design aspect needs help. Keeping the bands the same thickness will help with the flow and also wehn designing, keep in mind the body part it will be going on. (helps with the flow issues). Alos keep the breaks even, if the tail breaks on one side, it should break on the other. I hope this make sense, and as always, just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. Keep it up the good work.

I dont dislike tribal, i just imagine myself doing it when i see it and instantly feel displeasure.. lol

im not massively fussed on the design, but the fill looks ok from here :-)