emcee2

Week 26 Flash Contest

The level of talent this week has been awesome!

It's great to see so many people get involved (especially those who have been here longer than I and not entered before... not pointing any fingers Lonely vamp....)

I noticed that my pic wasnt the final one I did, so if it's cool with everyone else, I want to enter this version instead:

keyholepinupgirl003.jpg

The level of talent this week has been awesome!

It's great to see so many people get involved (especially those who have been here longer than I and not entered before... not pointing any fingers Lonely vamp....)

:P

:D

Okay, I have 4 reasons why I didn't enter previous flash contests.

1. I don't consider myself much of an artist. I'm more of a uh... artist wanabe or something. :D I'm still learning how to draw many things.

2. I'm a busy person

3. I'm always afraid that people will say I cant draw for shit

4. I entered this one because I like drawing females :D

They're not really good reasons. lol. More like excuses.

I'm sorry. I'll try to enter more in future. :D

Edited by Tattoo Sue

:P

1. I don't consider myself much of an artist. I'm more of a uh... artist wanabe or something. :D I'm still learning how to draw many things.

2. I'm a busy person

I'm sorry. I'll try to enter more in future. :D

It's ok LV (yes I prefered your other name), took me awhile to start entering too. Also, it takes time

to draw up something good. I too am learning new things when it comes to drawing, so I haven't

been paying attention to the contest these past few weeks. Like you, I entered this week because

I like drawing the female figure as well. I'm just not good at shading them.. LOL

It's ok LV (yes I prefered your other name), took me awhile to start entering too. Also, it takes time

to draw up something good. I too am learning new things when it comes to drawing, so I haven't

been paying attention to the contest these past few weeks. Like you, I entered this week because

I like drawing the female figure as well. I'm just not good at shading them.. LOL

Oh, you prefered my other name? Okay, I'll change it back. :D I'm happy with either one.

You're awesome at drawing females! And I agree, it does take a long time to draw up a good pic.

I'm glad I'm not the only one still learning how to draw!

Oh, you prefered my other name? Okay, I'll change it back. :D I'm happy with either one.

You're awesome at drawing females! And I agree, it does take a long time to draw up a good pic.

I'm glad I'm not the only one still learning how to draw!

i am poo at drawing but we are here to learn i would,nt normally spend 10 hours drawing a subject but i pushed my self and so glad i did because i really enjoyed it and thats what its all about in here i attended a live drawing class at college thursday night my first rudies and boobys drawing hehe that was fun btw lv your picture rocks i love manga its real good,,great eyes,, outfit overall perfect :D

Edited by monkeyrat

;)

2. I'm a busy person

I'm sorry. I'll try to enter more in future. ^_^

1. LOL have you seen some of the crap I churn out??

2. DItto, it's cool not everyone can find the time to enter every week

3. Even I say I cant draw for shit (BTW yours came out awesome, I've been trying to do anime for a while and suck)

4. Ditto :P:D :D :lol:

Maybe I need a disclaimer in my sig:

CAUTION: 99% off Wokka's posts are based on sarcasm

1. LOL have you seen some of the crap I churn out??

2. DItto, it's cool not everyone can find the time to enter every week

3. Even I say I cant draw for shit (BTW yours came out awesome, I've been trying to do anime for a while and suck)

4. Ditto :lol::D :D :P

Maybe I need a disclaimer in my sig:

lol. :D

I didn't take offence to your 'not entered before lonely vamp' comment. I'd just thought I'd reply to it with a list of excuses. :D

I rather enjoy your humour and sacasm.

Oh and thanks for the anime pic compliment! I love compliments! (who doesn't?!)

I've been drawing anime/manga style since I was about 11 yrs old. And I still find it hard as hell to draw up a good one! I'm such a slow learner it takes me forever to learn how to draw a certain style/subject. Lately I've been trying to draw dolphins, spiders and skulls. I'm slowly improving!

btw, I recomend the book series, 'How To Draw Manga' for anybody wanting to learn that style.

Can we still win a free membership?

Your's is beautiful, Ju. Also supercute, Tattoo Sue.

I would totally enter except that I draw digitally... It's going to take a while to get my pen and paper abilities up to something I feel okay about sharing.

Well I thought I would throw mine in here.

Blonde hair is so hard to draw in black and grey.

0110081836.jpg

Whatcha think?

I am getting batter with practice, practice and more practice...........

Peace

is that girl from a cover of a tattoo magazine?

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I don't want anyone to know how bad I suck at drawing.

Yea, January issue of FLASH tattoo mag.

K, here's another quickie (since when do you ever have 10 hours to do a custom flash for a client anyway :lol: )

This is kinda an "Olivia-esque" line drawing with color for those that like that sort of thing.

post-1193-1200199562_thumb.jpg

ACK! Shoulda doublechecked the scale of the lettering b4 I added the fills. Didn't seem to stand out that bad until I shrunk it to upload. :lol:

Edited by RideThatNeedle

Holy crap, does this mean my sig is working???

Yes it is wokk

This is for you :lol:

The only reason i dont enter the comps is i simply dont have any spare time. Any time i have for drawing i would rather spend drawing eyes, ears, noses, feet, hands, curtains, blankets, shoes, etc to improve and learn technique. I would generally consider this pic a first draft only, but it can take me a month to finish a picture to my liking. So here it is.

post-980-1200201978_thumb.jpg

fuck eh, nice entries this week! if i stop procrastinating i might be able to enter

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I don't want anyone to know how bad I suck at drawing.

Yea, January issue of FLASH tattoo mag.

haha. hey must not suck that bad if i noticed it.

Alright, once again me being the big procrastonator that i am, i am dead last. heres my entry i was inspired by mark ryden but decided to take it one step further with the subject matter. Its not completely done i plan to add some toys in the background.Raped_by_emcee2.jpg

Alright, once again me being the big procrastonator that i am, i am dead last. heres my entry i was inspired by mark ryden but decided to take it one step further with the subject matter. Its not completely done i plan to add some toys in the background.Raped_by_emcee2.jpg

Emcee, Mark Ryden is one of my favourite artists!

If I ever one one of these things, I would have made the subject "Dark Cupie(sp) dolls" or something similar

BTW, I think your pic made this weeks the most entered flash contest!

Ripped: Cheers mate, Love the weather angel, I see wind snow and rain, but where's the sun?

Edited by wokkawokkawokka

Emcee, Mark Ryden is one of my favourite artists!

If I ever one one of these things, I would have made the subject "Dark Cupie(sp) dolls" or something similar

BTW, I think your pic made this weeks the most entered flash contest!

Ripped: Cheers mate, Love the weather angel, I see wind snow and rain, but where's the sun?

Thanks Mate, yer, i was thinking a sun and a rainbow, but i didnt want to run out of time. I'll probly redraw it at a l8r date.

Some nice entries, I really like ruby's, Ju,s and especially Emcee's.

Thanks Mate, yer, i was thinking a sun and a rainbow, but i didnt want to run out of time. I'll probly redraw it at a l8r date.

Some nice entries, I really like ruby's, Ju,s and especially Emcee's.

Thanks guys, for some reason i knew this would be right up ur alley wokka ;)

I would like to say congratulations to all. I think that all the entries showed some real talent.

There are so many different opinions and in the end we are all right. We have our likes and dislikes.

Most of us are our worst critics.

I for one have grown tremendously since I have begun visiting this forum. I hope to see more members get involved in the contests and continue to welcome criticism. I along with someone telling me what they do not like about my pieces would ask that you would give input on technique or application as to improve it. It is hard to fix something when some one says hey your shading looks bad. I would rather hear/read hey if you would use a peice of paper and smudge the shade in rather than cross hatch you would find the effect you are looking for.

I would also like to thank whom ever it was that sent me the link to Drawspace.com. It has been a blessing. If you feel that you need to improve it is envaluable.

Sorry about the long post. I was just so happy to see so many.....

Peace

hey guys just posting my finished piece for anyone whos intrestedgallery_576_60_39998.jpg