Sign in to follow this  
clipz

First Work

Hey guys, thought id share some of the work i done in november, Personally im not a huge fan of it but the guy wanted it, The tribal at the top has healed and he wanted these symbols, down his arms and hand, its far too spaced and overdone in my opinion but i wasnt arguing with him, what do ya think? iv done around 20 more since this but not had a camera of my own to post the work.REMEMBER, i KNOW the layout is bad, but again, he WANTED it.

s7300503nk8.jpg

This one is the guys girls name down the back of his arm , this was my first attempt at old english, i think i done not too bloody bad! There are some rough bits on the Y letter the skin was like leather but i have sorted that since this pic was taken.

s7300496hv3.jpg

Edited by clipz

seems solid enough but a closer pic would help lots! too far away to see the linework and fill properly but looks good from this distance! the tail on the last Y is different to the first but having done old english i know how hard lettering is! it desn;t seem to connect in teh smae way though so you may want to go back and bolden it up a little on that last tail if you get the chance!

Edited by Blackwidow

Work looks good, dont know about the positioning of the upper and lower symbols, they just dont look right. Like you said though, thats what he wanted :)

I did some kanji on a mate a little while back, when we did it he wanted a drop shadow on it. At the time i wasnt sure if i could do the shadow without blending it into the black and stuffing it so i didnt do it. Showed him this last night

post-980-1199318099_thumb.jpg

He liked it straight away, so i will be doing something similar to his kanji tonight. Thanks for the idea mate

yeh ripped thats pretty neat, i defo like the black and red, what groupings did u use? the one i did above didnt heal great a few bits are needing touched in, iv recently found out my lighting situation aint great so ive since fixed out my area with a new light. I like that style of kanji do you have a book of that or what?

yeh ripped thats pretty neat, i defo like the black and red, what groupings did u use? the one i did above didnt heal great a few bits are needing touched in, iv recently found out my lighting situation aint great so ive since fixed out my area with a new light. I like that style of kanji do you have a book of that or what?

I used a 7m1. I also have bad lighting, went down to the camping store and got myself a powerfull headlight. I look kinda stupid with it on and it seems to give my mates a laugh but it gives me a great light on whatever i look at. For the kanji, he bought it along himself, but i do have an extensive collection. If you pm me your email address ill post it over to you.