gnvarnadore

Recommended Suppliers

I've used Unimax many times in the past without any problems at all.

I bought some stainless tubes from Superior, but went back to Unimax tubes as they're much better quality.

I've placed a couple orders with Painful Pleasures. Easy to order from and the shipping is fast, but...everything they sell seems to be a chinese knock-off of other brands.

Example: I bought some premade needles from them which were supposed to be Bugpins needles. When the box arrived, the pre-sterilized blister packs said 'Bugpins', but upon close inspection under the magnifier, the needles appeared to be standard needles in every way: gauge, taper, and texture. I have some loose Bugpins needles here for reference. They aren't the same.

Example: I bought some autoclave bags from them. The 'tattletale' indicators on the bags won't turn black after sterilization, regardless of sterilization time or pressure. To test, I ran a spore test kit through my clave using an American made Crosstex bag. The indicator turned black and the test came back negative. So I can infer that my clave is still functioning correctly, but PPs chinese bags don't indicate properly.

Also, looking at their top-of-the-line power supply, it's obviously a chinese knock-off of an Eikon. I think I'll just stick with Eikon.

Bought a couple Rick Saveria irons a few years back. Decent shaders. I like the frames and tube vises.

Also have a couple machines from Andy K (Forgiven). Both work as advertised with a couple of minor issues. The fast liner I have is my go-to liner machine, hands down. But the hole in the frame for the negative clipcord lead is bored a bit on the big side, which has led to loss of current while in the middle of a tattoo. Took me a bit to figure out what it was. I kept thinking my footswitch was haywire. I braized the hole shut and redrilled it. No Biggie. The color packer works well except that the tube vise hole in the frame is bored a bit on the crooked side. I'll end up re-framing the machine at some point, but both machines function day-in, day-out as advertised. I'm happy.

Someone needs to learn what the indicators on their sterilization pouches means. They don't change color due to time or pressure. They change when your autoclave has reached the appropriate temperature. Your autoclave needs to reach 270 degrees F and 30 PSI. The indicator only guarantees that it was in there long enough for the autoclave to heat up to 270 degrees F. The spore test is what verifies that it is heating up and holding enough pressure to work efficiently.

hey guys, i'm a long time artist looking to get some tatoo equipment. never really tatoo'd before but a lot of my work is reminicent and i designed all of my own ink. i look into the industry now and again and i remember the first time i got interested ( 20something years ago ) huck spaulding was all anyone knew of. i'm destined to get one taarter kit or another before the weeken is over and i'm wondering how big of a difference there really is between high priced suppliers like spaulding and superior vs. fly by night places like this http://www.tmart.com/Tattoo-Kits/

i've been working as a custom cabinet maker for 8+ years and attended advert design school and construction tech way back when..... so as i am trying to not blow my load on a new endeavor, i do hold to the importance of quality tools to create quality art and i'm worried about killing the student with bad equipment. i'm willing to break the bank since my present industry is completely tanking and i gotta do something get my shit together so.....idk...lend a brother a hand.

P, L & H

hey guys, i'm a long time artist looking to get some tatoo equipment. never really tatoo'd before but a lot of my work is reminicent and i designed all of my own ink. i look into the industry now and again and i remember the first time i got interested ( 20something years ago ) huck spaulding was all anyone knew of. i'm destined to get one taarter kit or another before the weeken is over and i'm wondering how big of a difference there really is between high priced suppliers like spaulding and superior vs. fly by night places like this http://www.tmart.com/Tattoo-Kits/

i've been working as a custom cabinet maker for 8+ years and attended advert design school and construction tech way back when..... so as i am trying to not blow my load on a new endeavor, i do hold to the importance of quality tools to create quality art and i'm worried about killing the student with bad equipment. i'm willing to break the bank since my present industry is completely tanking and i gotta do something get my shit together so.....idk...lend a brother a hand.

P, L & H

Hey, As a beginner it might be an idea to just go with one of the cheaper 'all in' tattoo 'kits' just until you know that tattooing is something for you...then in a few months you can always add to your equipment with the more expensive stuff? I'd defo buy the more expensive needles from the beginning as this is one area where buying cheap matters and can cost you dearly, and in addition you can find some very nice quality machines for not much money (£$100 ish) that are on par with the £$500+ ones...Other than that, why pay hundreds for somthing you find isn't for you after all and have to sell and probably lose money on a few months down the road? you may even save a few pennies buying the stuff you need as seperate items instead of in a 'kit' too? Just a thought :rolleyes: Take care pal. peace.

I would avoid buying kit .. just starting out I would buy a decent P/s and a liner and work on piggy till you can save for a decent shader.. most machines and p/s in the kits are junk

I bought a kit from Technical and there wasn't any thing that i didn't replace.

Does anyone know if Painful Pleasures will take orders from you if you are not in a shop. I have checked out their site, joined it and there is nothing on there stating whether or not they will ship to me or not. Don't want to transfer money via paypal and then find out they won't ship and go through the hassle of trying to get my money back.

That's what someone said about eikon, I provided them with names and addresses of who I did my apprenticeship with. They sent me an email back wanting me to take pictures of my a) wash area, B) my tattooing chair and c) my tattooing area, and they will consider it.

I've used Tatsoul, service is quick and they have good products

Worlwide is ok have had a few shipping ordeals with them.

If you can Eikon is good, but they only sell to verified shops now.

papillion use to be good years ago, don't know now

Technical use to be ok

Unimax has some ok stuff, cheap machines that are workhorses when setup right

For inks go right to the source, Eternal, Fusion, Alla Prima, and Intenze are all very good.

www.killerinktattoo.com located in the uk but they also ship to the rest of europe.

Good prices and good delivery!

Enjoy

TATSOUL all the way for liners , I love these things i used to have problems with the inconsitent tightness in groupings everytime i orderend new needles, like say a 5 would be semi tight a 7 would be reallly tight and smaller then a 5 and then then 9's would be super loose like a round shader but soldered higher up like a liner super annoying but ya TATSOUL needles are always perfect 3<5<7<9<14 like how it should be, just placed an order for there new bugpin curved mags :) cant wait to try em out.. the eikon mags are nice too but all there liners are very tight, almost to the point where i can take a 5 n put it in a 3 tube a 7 in a 5 etc etc.... just be cautious to anyone ordering needles cuz now im stuck ewith liek 6 boxes of super tight eikon liners that will take awhile to go through, also if anyone loves eikon needles and wants some pm me

honestly when i look at the eikon needles they sorta look like bugpins comapred to the tat soul needles. i think tatsoul uses a different kind of steel too

Edited by Joel444

Check this tattoo removal blog, tattooremovalpictures.blogspot.com ? can any body tell which type of tattoo removal is best and why ??

also this is not the right category to be asking this, this is for tattoo supplys , not someone looking for advice on removing there tattoo, go to yahoo answers for that

I searched this post and didn't see Pricks of the Trade listed anywhere. The owner of the shop I worked at swore by their piercing needles, not too sure about their Tattoo supplies... yet. A lot of their stuff is slightly higher priced than WWTS, but they stock good inks and some nicer looking machines.

They don't require a shop address to ship, as far as I know. If you talk to them nicely you can also save on shipping and pick up directly if you happen to live in BC or Blaine WA :lol: I'll be dealing with them in a couple of weeks when I go to get my Starbrite ink set ;)

http://www.pricksofthetrade.com

-DK >^..^<

yes dave from pricks is a awesome dude to deal with , my artist swears by there needles as well as they carry Godoy machines and fusion ink, where are you from deathkitten :)

IMHO: If you are looking for all out supply then I would say KingPin, or EIkon. If you are looking for Quality Machines and power then go with Pulse.