Mario AKA mark

New Rule

i agree with the health and safety. yes i too have seen good work on people when i asked where they got it they were like prision. point is we are not talking about the art or how good it looks, we are talking about the safety of the machines, the safety and health of the person getting the tattoo and the person doing the tattoo.

Bambi & Noz have said it all. This isn't a "learn how to tattoo prison style" forum.

We choose what flies & what doesn't. This site was created precisely to discourage

people from practising "prison style" tattooing & to constantly underline the importance

of using clean practises using proper equipment. Ancient peoples used filthy animal bones,

thorns and rusty iron spikes to tattoo, using ink made from spit, urine & soot... We don't

recommend that either....

ya i agree on the safety part of tattooing on this site should be "prison rigged" but this IS NOT a professional tattoo artist site. 95% of the people on this site ARE NOT professional tattoo artist and AYNONE i dont care who they are that dont have respect for well done prison tattoos or art is ignorant no exeptions I seen art on peoples bodys when i was locked up better than any thing i every seen. and just a reminder black and gray fine line tattoo was invented in california state prisons it a fact!!

we might not all be professonals, but i for one , and many other forum members spend the money to do things right. I have just bought a heap of disposable grips, even just to use on pig, simply beacause i dont want to pick up any bad habbits, sorry for going of at a tangent

its probably allready been said - but yeah its a fair point that some good work can and has been done using a prison machine but....

if we were to allow the posting of the stuff or people using the machines etc then its basically like saying it is ok to do so - wich it really isnt - i like to think of this forum as a base point to begin a career in tattooing - where you can come for help with your art work, put together a good portfolio - learn the do's and donts and allow yourself to stand out from the rest of the many people that are in search of an apprentice - i know for sure id stand a bigger chance if i were to go ask for one now - as i can post my work here and get peoples opinions on how to improve, ive built up a lot of knowledge on tattooing itself and would be confident with procedeures in a shop

rather than going in off the street with a couple quickly drawn scribbles and looking around clueless like lurch off the adams family lol

i really dont think prison style tattoo's need to be done unless your in prison - and then its debateable - you can pick up a cheap enoughg machine to tattoo safely - who is gonna take you seriously holding a bent spoon and a hitatchi motor cellotaped to the top?

not only does it look bad - its unsafe

same with you-tube - im sick of seeing there how to build a tattoo gun videos -

here how we do it spoon motor cellotape?!?!?!?!?!?! and then idiots saying - burn the needle to sterilize??!?!?!? they may as well title the damn things - how to get hep c and watch your arm fall off from infection in 10 easy steps

show us all how to safely sterilize a walkman machine and we'll talk. i did my first tattoos in prison myself, but there's no excuse for using ghetto ass walkman machines when you are on the streets and have access to safe clean gear. that's the whole point man. i knew a guy in the joint who was amazing,he was a comic artist on the streets . guy could do anything,portraits ,whatever. but you have no choice but to use those ghetto machines in prison. this site is about learning safe tattooing. its kind of priority one here .

x2

bravo

not as long as proper equipment is used responsibly in the correct enviroment

Totally agree with mark!C'mon guys,shouldnt be any type of arguments over this.This site is dedicated to doing it right!!Its not about the swordsman its bout his sword!If you plan on going to prison,then you pick that shit up when you get there!!Till then be professional and give a Fuck bout the art!!!!2 middle fingerz up 4 that shit!!Fuck prison!!!!2x 2x