Mario AKA mark

New Rule

i'm all for the no jailhouse tats as far as the equip and sterilization etc goes. with that said i was concerned this had to do with a certain jailhouse style that some tats posses... but yeah if i wanted to do jailhouse or get jailhouse i'd go back to jail...

I spent of 10 my 15yrs learning in thereit seems those machines were easier to use...i like these "guns" better though and i think my art is improving...see show n tellmytat3-1.jpg

doin things properly will always be more difficult than cuttin corners...........now onto that picture. what fuckin body part is that?? looks like its where an arm should be but either you got the biggest flabbiest arm in creation or i'm seein that wrong!! i think someone slipped me some acid! ...........

dayum..the dude has a thigh growing out of his shoulder.... thats scaring me man...

someone's been playin with photoshop.

nope i did that on my brothers elbow...with 2 time machine fusion shaders, and one superior goldslinger set with new coils and springs...5rs,9mag, and a 15mag...that is just one of 3 pics of that piece and i did it ALL freehand...

nope i did that on my brothers elbow...with 2 time machine fusion shaders, and one superior goldslinger set with new coils and springs...5rs,9mag, and a 15mag...that is just one of 3 pics of that piece and i did it ALL freehand...

oh fuck! i see it now! its an extreme close up of the elbow!! fuck! it looked like a thigh attached to a torso at first! lol someone really did slip me some acid! lol major optical illusion!! what a trip

Baby Ray tattoos with a walkman. Seen pics in the mags. No one can fade that Man.

Is that supposed to be a recommendation?

check him on out. google him.

show us all how to safely sterilize a walkman machine and we'll talk. i did my first tattoos in prison myself, but there's no excuse for using ghetto ass walkman machines when you are on the streets and have access to safe clean gear. that's the whole point man. i knew a guy in the joint who was amazing,he was a comic artist on the streets . guy could do anything,portraits ,whatever. but you have no choice but to use those ghetto machines in prison. this site is about learning safe tattooing. its kind of priority one here .

Does he use a straight up prison machine (walkman, pen, guitarstring, and a spoon or razor), or just a rotary? Most rotarys today use the same needles and tubes that regular machines use. There is nothing wrong with using a proper rotary machine, but I don't care how good they are, if they are unable to clean and sterilize the needles and tubes they should be stoppped. Like I said I have no idea what Ray uses. I did not see his machines in any of the pictures I saw. But the tats looked good.

Does he use a straight up prison machine (walkman, pen, guitarstring, and a spoon or razor), or just a rotary? Most rotarys today use the same needles and tubes that regular machines use. There is nothing wrong with using a proper rotary machine, but I don't care how good they are, if they are unable to clean and sterilize the needles and tubes they should be stoppped. Like I said I have no idea what Ray uses. I did not see his machines in any of the pictures I saw. But the tats looked good.

exactly , if you like a rotary use it we're talkin about walkman, guitar string setups .

i have grown to love my rotary...easily wiped down and uses the standard disposables...

it also for me eliminates the guess work in tuning the coil machines....

i have read all about proper tuning procedures and can get my machines running just like suggested

but they are heavy and i like something lighter...easier to work with for me

almost like holding a pen in your hand...may not work for others but i personally like them

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-LIGHT-WEIGHT-ROT...1713.m153.l1262

this i what i am using right now...

if anyone has any suggestions for a better rotary let me know...

i sold off all of my machines except for my 1st build...gotta love a nice

jonsey replica....keeping it as my color packer...

the rotary is nice for whip shading also...just crank to volts down and it produces nice gradients...

its the modern day version of what i was taught with...

but i also agree proper cleaning is a must in this day and age...

chuck

i have grown to love my rotary...easily wiped down and uses the standard disposables...

it also for me eliminates the guess work in tuning the coil machines....

i have read all about proper tuning procedures and can get my machines running just like suggested

but they are heavy and i like something lighter...easier to work with for me

almost like holding a pen in your hand...may not work for others but i personally like them

I'm sure the majority of artists on here are simply grateful for the mutual respect, information and community here. learning how to do something right beats any amount of work arounds. Not having to deal with the resistance if not hostility usually dirrected at the self taught would I think make one not want to meret those ill feelings. The price of a machine should in no way be an excuse to use something so inferior as a guitar string "needle" or the ilk.

~The best advice I ever recieved about learning to tattoo was "DRAW ALL THE TIME"

This is a small sidestep from the content of this thread but bear with me.

That being said, about the rotary.. I have to admit to being very curious about the rotary machines.

I first started learning on a pneumatic machine and loved how light weight and low maintanence they are. The rotary seems similar in ways you mentioned but I've never used one. The difference between a standard machine and a casset tape machine is obvious both in safty and lines but what's the deal with the rotary? If it can be cleaned and uses the same needles/tubes as a standard why do I see it referenced or used so little? What are it's drawbacks? Why would it be clumped in with home made machines of questionable rep?

There is nothing wrong with a rotary machine, There is a huge problem with a walkan motor on the end of a spoon and a mechanical pencil grip with a guitar string needle. We want people to practice safely and not show how to give Hep.

I'm sure the majority of artists on here are simply grateful for the mutual respect, information and community here. learning how to do something right beats any amount of work arounds. Not having to deal with the resistance if not hostility usually dirrected at the self taught would I think make one not want to meret those ill feelings. The price of a machine should in no way be an excuse to use something so inferior as a guitar string "needle" or the ilk.

~The best advice I ever recieved about learning to tattoo was "DRAW ALL THE TIME"

That being said, about the rotary.. I have to admit to being very curious about the rotary machines.

I first started learning on a pneumatic machine and loved how light weight and low maintanence they are. The rotary seems similar in ways you mentioned but I've never used one. The difference between a standard machine and a casset tape machine is obvious both in safty and lines but what's the deal with the rotary? If it can be cleaned and uses the same needles/tubes as a standard why do I see it referenced or used so little? What are it's drawbacks? Why would it be clumped in with home made machines of questionable rep?

HOLY CRAP... you STARTED on a neuma?!

ya i agree on the safety part of tattooing on this site should be "prison rigged" but this IS NOT a professional tattoo artist site. 95% of the people on this site ARE NOT professional tattoo artist and AYNONE i dont care who they are that dont have respect for well done prison tattoos or art is ignorant no exeptions I seen art on peoples bodys when i was locked up better than any thing i every seen. and just a reminder black and gray fine line tattoo was invented in california state prisons it a fact!!

ya i agree on the safety part of tattooing on this site should be "prison rigged" but this IS NOT a professional tattoo artist site. 95% of the people on this site ARE NOT professional tattoo artist and AYNONE i dont care who they are that dont have respect for well done prison tattoos or art is ignorant no exeptions I seen art on peoples bodys when i was locked up better than any thing i every seen. and just a reminder black and gray fine line tattoo was invented in california state prisons it a fact!!

dude i think you are totally missing the point here.... read the whole thread and you will get the jist of it...