Mario AKA mark

New Rule

From now on any posts regarding Prison Style or Homey Made tattoos will be removed. If any member is seen promoting or doing tattoos with a prison style set up, that post will be deleted.

Any practices being used that are not being done to as professional a standard as possible will be deleted. Anyone condoning un-professional or makeshift short cuts to applying, caring for, set up or sterilization will be deleted.

If anyone has a problem with this and does not conform to this will be given one warning only and then you will be deleted and your IP address will be blocked. If you come to me or any of the moderators with a rude attitude about this you will be deleted.

THIS IS A WARNING AND VERY SERIOUS

This forum is out of the realm of other professional forums in the fact that the info here is for the Professional hopeful. There is info here you would not get anywhere else. Most of you wouldn’t even be able to post your work in other forums without being kicked out.

Please respect these rules so we can achieve a standard that is equal with other Tattoo forums.

:)

Good move in the right direction.

I have to add, that I really love the way forgiven elaborated on mark's original post.

LOL

j/k Forgiven... LOL

Totally agree Mark, 100%.....But have you noticed on the home page, there is an area called resources with links to other sites. There is a link to a site that shows you how to do home made tattoos.

I don't know if it's new as I only just found it. I personaly think it gives a bad image to this site.

Maybe it's supposed to be a joke, I couldn't see anything at all funny about it though. I found it really irresponsible and horrifying.

AGREE 100% KEEP IT PRO HOPEFULL, REPRESENT THE TRUE NATURE OF WHAT WERE ALL TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE, GETTING THE HELP WE NEED FROM THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO GIVE IT, AND ONE DAY WE CAN GIVE IT BACK. NO ROOM FOR BACK ALLEY SCRATCHERS IN HERE.

VERY GOOD rule. To some it might not seem fair for various reasons that I probably wouldn't agree with, but this is a very unique board with a lot of helpful people sharing info that you just can't get anywhere else. In order to keep peeps on the right track and to send a message that unsafe tattooing will not be tolerated this rule should be STRICTLY adhered to. Props. Almost everyone should see the logic and I doubt that there will be any complaints.

lol is this targeting me??? no more posting of the prison tats ive done....but a tattoo is a tattoo no mater what the circumstances...it will always be their....this is a tattoo board not a Professional tattoo board...95 percent arent professional tattooist nor will say they are...its your rules tho...i will abide by them just like the others ....but if they are done in a orderly fasion it wouldnt be "unsafe" all of my bootleg tattoos where conducted in a way of safety and sterilization.....but like i said...rules are rules...thanks for lising to me blab on about bullshit....sorry

lol is this targeting me??? no more posting of the prison tats ive done....but a tattoo is a tattoo no mater what the circumstances...it will always be their....this is a tattoo board not a Professional tattoo board...95 percent arent professional tattooist nor will say they are...its your rules tho...i will abide by them just like the others ....but if they are done in a orderly fasion it wouldnt be "unsafe" all of my bootleg tattoos where conducted in a way of safety and sterilization.....but like i said...rules are rules...thanks for lising to me blab on about bullshit....sorry

this forum is about learning proper,safe,tattooing with proper sterile techniques. there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to ensure a proper level of cleanliness usin a walkman motor/guitar string setup. i did a stretch in prison too and i did tattoo in there but i've also left that b/s behind,done an apprenticeship,and worked for years in professional shops. so mark, i couldn't agree with you more!! kudos for helping to ensure proper techniques and safety!! there's no room for jailhouse tats here!!!!

like i said....im abiding by the rules.....that was long ago in a far away place...im not boasting

i'm not tryin to be a hypocrite bro i didjailhou8se tats too.........when i was in jail. but we want you to grow bro and learn proper techniques and get better that's all......

ok im not going to argue but what if some1 post's a tat how do you judge it, i remember some of my first might have been seen as prison tattoo's and thank god that i wasn't blocked, as for homemade guns forgivin is a champ at making them, you can buy rotary machines and i've met people who swear by them, i just really think that this changes the whole persona of this site, i remember using a home made gun and pro

s would be like give up you never be a tattooist, i just think that banning people like this would just further the damage done beginner's, i would personaly like to try and help these ppl cause i've been there and would've loved to have support, im sure seeing the lines dones with a real amchine in here would incourage them to buy a machine, i don't just feels like now were to good for beginners? help for all is what made this forum what it is today i think and set it apart from other forums

Bottom line. If the equipment can not be sterilized proper and follow 100% of health guidelines we should not support it. Reguardless of what machines we all used years ago. Oh, and Keyzink1 I would not call the machines forgiven makes "home made" They look Professional to me. I belive that they are reffering to the classic walk-man, guitar sting machines.

Edited by MickeyC

Bottom line. If the equipment can not be sterilized proper and follow 100% of health guidelines we should not support it. Reguardless of what machines we all used years ago. Oh, and Keyzink1 I would not call the machines forgiven makes "home made" They look Professional to me. I belive that they are reffering to the classic walk-man, guitar sting machines.
forgivin makes some sweet machines don't get me wrong i'd like to get a set of 3 off him, i agree with the health thing for sure 2, all im saying is if a guy is just starting out it would be good for him to have some support to make him safer, better and can be pushed into getting the proper gear and the right direction instead of stubbling around make a mess outta people untill he finds the help that i did in this forum, main i liked about this forum was everyone was here to help out every1 else and it was like nothing i ever seen and thats what made it the SHIT!!!!! i really don't know how to thank jason for starting this site

i think what the rule towards "prison tattoos" means is tattoos done without caution, concideration, and a pro. machine.

The encouragement towards pigskin and the piggy/fruit challenge is what it is about for us newbies, Hopefully pigskin pieces are shown before really bad real ones.

completely agree with the no prison tats. Yeah starting out as a new guy to tattooing without any of the proper equipment makes it harder, but that shouldn't mean we resort to jimmy-rigging our own machines just to get our skills out there. Patience and hardwork is the foundation of all apprenticeships, and so should be applied to all up-and-comers (myself included, lol.) I don't know how many hundreds of sheets of tattoo designs, paintings, (and pot to be honest, lol, i was younger then, lol) i had to sell to be able to afford my own equipment, and am really glad i did, cuz i've got a lot more aprreciation for my tools than i did when i was hooking up guitar string machines to toy railroad track power supplies (you know, the kind you turn the lever to make the train go faster? lol, bad days, good memories). All in all, i guess i'm just saying that to make it in this business, you should really set out to do it the right way

I joined this forum to learn the correct way!!

I am not interested in learning backyard work.

Every now and then you just have to put your foot down to keep order.

I am 110% happy with the forum and agree with Marks direction in keeping this forum on the professional side of the tracks.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE.