Long time no see.. Read more... ×

Man!  I cannot believe the things you guys have covered here.  I've been tattooing (off and on) for around three years now and have found more helpful things in the few days I've been a member here than I have in the rest of the time I have been searching.  Thans ever so much for this site.

;D ;D ;D I am going to ditto every good thing I have read here about your forum, I have struggled with contradicting info given to me for a while and to finally have a place where this info is tried and discussed is priceless. ;D ;D ;D

love this forum.. I have been on ALOT of other tattoo forums and I honestly like the feel and mood of this one..

although I think you could get a little more creative with the over all appearance :D    then again Im really not sure on how Simple Machines forums run.. the other simple machines forum I am a member of  (www.michiganmotocross.com)  looks exactly like this one.. so It must be a default look :D

I also run a forum based website. so I know how much work goes into these things..  I honestly must say you guys are doing a great job.

also Mark is a awsome asset to the site.. great job on your moderator picking!

This is an awesome forum guys! The amount and quality of information is oustanding! I only hope that I will someday be able to contribute!

Thank You!

o.k i am shy ad believe  that I am such a novice that I cant give out help for novinces, but I love this forume. I

have studied other forumems and they are are not the same, and they suck big time. Trust me , you guys are the shit you rockk and youh ave helped me more than anybody!

you guys are doing a FANTASTIC JOB, alot of tattoo forums dont want to help the newbie at all and just rip the piss out of them, You have shed lots of light on subjects others would not give you the time of day on.

Just echoing all that has already been said ... with the info i have found here and the support of you guys (experienced and novices alike) i feel at home with my machines already - everything i need to know is here (or on the end of a pm) and if it ain't been posted about already then you know ya not gonna get ya ass bitten for asking!! looking forward to sharing my own work with y'all and helping others in turn later on down the line! there's no site like home .. erm .. inktrails!!  ;D

Thanks for the great site I personaly dont have the tallent to  put needle to skin my wife however is giving it her best shot so anything we can learn without being flamed to death is great i have learned more from the hour i have spent on this site than i have in the last month of being flamed

Thanks again

WebDragon

This site is a great resource of knowledge.  Which is pretty rare in this form of art.  Is there a banner or something I can post on my other pages to help pimp this site out?

Great site guys, only found it last week bit I am impressed with the way you have had the guts to to chart your progress. It seems that we have the same problems in the UK, no tattooists want to help any one into the business and just put you down.An apprenticeship here is equally hard, if not impossible to get.

You seem to be doing something right, judging by how this forum has grown in such a short time, and it is good to know that I am not the only one who wants to learn to tattoo but can't get any help. Your site has helped a lot, I've learnt much from your mistakes...thank you!

I have been searching high and low for some information on tattooing without having to shell out the big time bucks to apprentice. I am an artist and have been told that I should tattoo, and so I bought myslef the kit. I love it. But unfortunatley, the information it came with wasn' quite informative enough to tell me depths, spacings and tips.

I am doing this tattooing purely for my enjoyment. I love my tattoos and I want to be able to share that love and appreciation. But you have to start somewhere and no one seems to be willing to give ANY information out.

I just don't get it. I will get an apprenticeship eventually, but I'd like to have some knowledge going in.

SO thanks SO VERY MUCH!! I love this site and love the people on it. You are all so amazing!

;D

i've been trying like mad to upload pics on the show and tell section but it always says"file too large " or some nonsense like that wtf???? they're just standard jpeg images off my digital camera so why wont it work???

has helped me out alot good to see people sharing, most artist don't want to say anything, i guess cause the prices will stop dropping and they wont have as much work but hey time to remember back to when they started

Thanks Ink Trails for shedding some light on this media held tight by those who know.When i got my machine a year or so ago i was stumped by the lack of instruction.Its been trial and error,so finding your site has been an inspiration.Look after David he's worth his weight in Gold.

One question,what is the equivalent of Green soap in England? Cheers lads keep up the good work. Jaimie D

any medical supply co. will have an equivalent type of medical grade soap

Dude this is sick. Great work jason. It really is awesome that you and ur crew are doing all this for this artform. And its super fucking cool for us 350 sum odd members to be in at the ground floor of something this awesome. Thanks again to the whole InkTrails crew for the knowledge, guidance, and now experiance i am gaining because of this site. It truly is invaluable. Good luck and God Bless. -Mike

Just wanted to say this site rocks I have a V-Tec,Been doin myself about two years with no real guide.It has been up and down.I cheat and dont use the machine sometimes for color fil(I call it the hamburlger) I cant get a good strech on some of me,but this site gave me the want, to again bear down and get er done.So thank you,thank you<---If it dident stick the first time we will do it again, :D thank you

Raziel,

I've always been interested in finding out how the V-Tec feels. I'd love to hear about your experience using it as compared to other machines.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new...just joined. But I've been lurking and checking out this forum for about a week now. I have to say thank you very much for everything y'all are doing.

I'm a 50 year old, disabled retired nurse and I have loved tattoos for years. I've always wanted to learn to tattoo simply for the art of it itself.....I have no desire to work in a shop. I probably will never tattoo anyone other than myself, my husband or my son.

I'm an artist and I love to learn for the sake of learning new things. I've gotten my equipment and have done one really bad bad bad tattoo on a honey dew melon.....lol...did I tell you how really bad it is. Thank goodness the fruit can't talk back!!!

Anyway....I have found so many valuable resources here and I just wanted to say thank you.

Christina

I LOVE THIS FORUM, sorry should have said hello when i 1st joined, but was a bit fingers & thumbs and although im quite computer savvy, im a bit dim on how forums work,, anyway finding my way around nicely now, and will hopefully post some of my work soon when i get my home pc sorted with internet, (iv been using the one at work but dont tell the boss)

picked up some very useful info as to where i was going wrong in some areas & hopefully they will make me a better tattooer as i will find out next week when i will have lots of time on my hands as my contract on this job has finished

keep up the good work guys

all the best pauly

just a note to say thanks, everything i have learned about tattooing has been from this site, i love the constructive criticism given by the experienced guys in show and tell, makes me less nervous about posting my own work , I feel like i am slowerly progressing mainly due to every question i have had has been answered, this site is absolute gold.

thanks again

Mark

i've been trying like mad to upload pics on the show and tell section but it always says"file too large " or some nonsense like that wtf???? they're just standard jpeg images off my digital camera so why wont it work???

I had that problem on another forum, I'll put this in laymans terms for anyone like me who has no idea with this kinda shit:

If you dont have PS or similar you should have Microsoft Office. Thats what I used-its really simple.

-goto Microsoft Office then Microsoft Office Picture Manager,

-find the pic you want,

-goto Edit Pictures,

-on the right in the Compress Picture Settings, click on Compress for Webpages, then OK.

you're ready to go.

I forgot to do what I came here to do.

I also checked a few sites out for advice etc. but didn't even post as I could see I would cop shit for being a 'scratcher' & a leech. I don't want money for it, my interest started when I couldn't find a design I was willing to pay for. Don't get me wrong there was some great flash around, but for something I was gonna wear forever I just couldn't decide or commit. My mates said "Do it yourself man-you could do it", and the rest is history. Besides I have a family, how the fuck could I afford to make needles for 6-12 months for nothing, let alone PAY for the right(WTF?) to do it, and feed my family?? I just couldn't live without a fulltime job now. So thanx to Ink Trails I can now get advice &tips I need to get some confidence in doing myself & my missus, and maybe later the many ppl lined up who have seen my art over the years. So keep it up guys, this is a great service you're doing the bodyart community, taking the monopoly off these arseholes on their highhorses. They're just worried our friends won't go to them any more for work.

Thats enough, I did get excited, but it gets annoying even thinking about trying to get a start or even a word of advice off 'professionals'.

So "How are we doing?"

Frigging great man.