Feel free to send us any comments, suggestions, or general feedback on this forum. Recommend new categories, shower us with praise, or discuss how we can improve this community. Our goal is to make this the best tattoo community on the web. You play an integral role in our development and your ideas help us achieve this goal!

Thanks Ink Trails for shedding some light on this media held tight by those who know.When i got my machine a year or so ago i was stumped by the lack of instruction.Its been trial and error,so finding your site has been an inspiration.Look after David he's worth his weight in Gold.

One question,what is the equivalent of Green soap in England? Cheers lads keep up the good work. Jaimie D

Jamie,

Green soap is a combination of roughly 10% Anti-bacterial Dial hand soap and 90% water.  If you intend to keep the mixture for more than a week or two, you can also add a little bit of alcohol to the mixture to help keep any bacteria from growing. The mainthing is you want the green soap to only foam slightly when rubbed on the skin. You will use this mixture for both shaving the skin, and placing the stencil. We mix our own green soap mix, but you can also buy it from a tattoo supply site as well.

Very pleased to find this site. Seems as if I could learn from your mistakes. For once heres a site that you can try and learn how to tattoo without all the pros talkin a bunch of crap. Seems like everyone that tattoos acts as if no one else is capable of doing tattoos.kills me.

the site has just helped me out alot. ive just been tattooing on practice skin for now but will be making the jump to actual skin not to long from now... and this site along with practicing has really givin me the confidence to be doing this in the first place. thanks guys =0)

Hey Guys

The site is great, and a forum for people breaking into the artform that don't have the time, money, or geographical location to go out and learn how to tattoo is great. The professionals make it seem so mysterious and impossible, aside from the serious medical side and the permanant nature of the artform, there is no great mystery to driving a needle with some pigmant on it into your flesh. Man has been doing it for centuries.

Knowledge that is not shared is wasted!

Keep up the good work, and hopefully some great things will come of this.

You guys are doing GREAT! Your site [tho frowned upon by many 'proffesional' tattoo artists] seems to be gaining popularity fairly quick. I think you guys have it on track to being on of if not the top DIY tattoo learning tool on the web. Having everyone share ideas and techniques in my opinion is better then being taught by one guy telling you the way he does things. I've been to a variety of shops to get my various inks, and I like a variety of things from each shop, I've tried to pick up the things I found good, and discard the things I wasn't to fond of. I love what you guys are doing!

and on a second thought, anyone willing to post a vid of magnum needles being used correctly for coloring & shading be my guest, I will love you forever! [in an Ink Brethren kinda way  ;D]

I'm sitting at work right now browsing around and loving it. I haven't got a chance to check out all the different categories or anything like that yet but as soon as I come up with something I will definitely put my 2 cents in. I can't wait to see this community flourish and am wondering how long it will take before the pro's find out about this site and start flaming the DIY attitude towards tattooing.  ??? :'(

Like Jason stated tho, he believes in free speech but I'm sure that they will NOT accept any harrasment towards us and ultimatly  themselves as well, if they do flame, its a good thing to know that us and the mods are all kinda one family searching for the same goal

B!F,

Definitely flag a post if it's hateful or threatening. However, I do encourage debate and hope that we can combat ignorance and fear with reason, logic, and patience. I don't want to respond to hate with hate. I want to change the minds of those people who think we're trying to  just take from the art. For the most part, we are not trying to get rich from tattooing. Rather, we enjoy the medium and want to express ourselves through it.

Word.

shit >.< i accidently clicked notify instead of reply!! I'm sorry guys!

thats what i meant, I definetly would be up for a debate from them, but if it starts getting to the point where all their doing is blah blah blah you suck blah your murdering the art blah blah blah and they dont want to hear anything, i'm sure you will do something then, until then i wouldnt even dream of attempting to bring it to your attention ^.^

oo and thank you for the tips on shading, I think its going to work nicely... atleast it seems like it

i advertised my website on another tattoo forum,

its to do with tattoing setps and info.

now im having my head torn off and started to be threatened by certain members

they now have my details

can they do this and get away with it??

That's the nature of the business, some people are going to be procks about it, the guys that run this site have gotten their share of threats and complaints. A lot of people in the industry don't want people to learn this way, they think an apprenticeship, while thee best way, is the only way, and it really pisses them off that we are going the other route. Best of luck on your site, but for every compliment you get, you'll get 10 guys calling you a scratcher and saying you have no respect for the art. Just keep plugging away.

Lovin the forum guys, but the Ink trails site seems to have dramatically slowed down, I think we need to get some more of the artists on the main site, as guest atrtists. I think thats a better place to get an overall feel for their art backgrounds.

Kutter,

We've slowed down posting cause we've slowed down the tattooing! David started working at nights for a while so we had a hard time coordinating our schedules (and the set-up is at his house). We hope to get more stuff going soon. I think it's a great idea to feature more guest artist's work on the blog. If anyone wants to be featured, all they need to do is send stuff in.

Cool, sucks not having time to do the things you want to. My problem is money and test subjects. I need some transfer paper so I can do some more intricate work, now Im freehanding everything on the skin. Once I get some more work, I will definately volunteer some of my info.

HEY THIS SITE IS TOP NOTCH ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN INKING AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND TIME TO APPRENTICE OR THE MONEY AND ETC.  THE PROS (OR EXP'D ARTISTS) MAY CALL US SCRATCHERS BUT THEY ARE THE STINGEY ONES.  SO KEEP UP WITH THE EDUCATION OF TATOOING

JOSH D

LOUISIANA

I spent a year and a half looking for insight on tattooing I was appalled when I went to most tattoo forums for just basic info and i noticed in my research how full well nasty and bitchy and real meany head like prof artist were and i was scared for awhile that i had to be an asshole to be a tattoo artist, but as i reseached some more i realized (still with no help ofcourse) that 50% of tattoo (proffessional)artist were major Dicks and the other 50% were really cool guys (mostly a newer generation not old farts) And i went to the only f&%king tattoo shops all owned by the same guy for 100 miles for an appreticeship ...he turned out to be the asshole artist and he really wasnt an artist Just a really grumpy fat guy...anyway i spent months coming in showing my art and he really  liked my art and me enough to talk to the owner for me I was shocked was he just nice? nothing came of it...you all know this kind of story.. I guess my point is I cant remember how i fell into your site but i think it was one of the happiest days of my life (alittle exageration for you praise ofcourse) and i have read every fucking thing-link-download-pic you name it in 3 days. THank you Guys for taking the pressure off me and helping out. You all rock!! Tear :( 

Just wanted to say thank you for making this site. Its nice not to be "trashed" by professionals. Everyone here seems to get along great. And want to support and help their peers. Great Job. Thanks

I as well wanna give a big 2 thumbs up and a huge thanks. when I first came to this site I had just got my gun and barely knew how to make the thing run, let alone run efficiently. Now I got ink on my leg im proud of and trying to find a place to do more. You guys helped me confidence, my technique, and I can tell my skills(or lack of) are getting better and I can see this site helping with any problems that will arise in the future. Thanks. I am a def. Ink-Trails Fan. Great Work.

i think if possible you should try to post videos and blog entrys more often. i started coming here maybe 2 months ago when i got curious about tattooing (actually doing it) and you used to post alot more. however, the forums have picked up alot so that usually makes up for it. i appreciate the fact that you took time to set everything up and made it easy for people to get to it.

i think when i found the site i was looking for "tattoo flash" and it went you your little archive thing. found the forum... fell in love

its amazing how fast its grown, it really is. i wish i knew you guys in person!

keep it real

-ben

Thanks for all the kind words. Just posted on the main site, as we got a new machine and David inked me. Hopefully we'll be doing some more more, and posting the results. But, in the meantime, the forum is where it's at!

I think this site is great. I have been reading thru the posts and gaining a lot of information in just the short time I've been on here. It is nice to find a group of people who are willing to share their knowledge of the art. Keep up the good work!!!!

hi,

just a small thing really but it was kinda bugging me - my machine doesn't show much colour difference for those little tabs that run down the left hand side to show if you've viewed a section or not... I was wondering if I'm the only one to have noted this? Otherwise I think it's a great forum with lots of nice and friendly advice.

Keep up the good work.

gurgigirl :D