Tattoo Removal Method??

- - - - -

20 replies to this topic

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts
My friend who I'm doing a cover up for when she has had her baby has said that her hubby work friends wife does cosmetic tattooing ( eyebrows, lipliner... etc) and she said she can remove a tattoo using the normal tattooing method.. but with a particular solution that 'draws the ink out of the skin' ..
err??
is this true??
if this was the case would all tattooist be making tons of money as a side line drilling out old naff tattoos for cash then booking them in for the new tattoo at the same time?

She said this woman said it wont leave a scar and will be using her normal tattoo machine she uses for the cosmetic stuff..

I'd love to know if this is true!
..Damn it...

Alvin

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I've been told you can fade an old tattoo by going over it with white ink. Several sessions & it'll be light enough to do a cover up.

Personally I'd go with the lasers.
"In this truck is a man whose latent genius, if unleashed, would rock the nation, whose dynamic energy would overpower those around him. Better let him sleep?"

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View PostAlvin, on Oct 1 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

I've been told you can fade an old tattoo by going over it with white ink. Several sessions & it'll be light enough to do a cover up.

I have told her it all sounds a bit to easy to me...
its not white ink, its some kind of solution.. not sure what, i'm going to look on the het and see what it could possibly be. She wants it gone given the choice, not even covered up, so for her this is a light at the end of a tunnel if it works...
I'm not quite sure its all it says it is... but ALOT cheaper than the laser route if it is true.

I have never heard of the white on top thing ... i guess it could work if you had a very small tattoo and were happy for it to look like crap for several months while white was put on top a few times.
..Damn it...

INKPITTAT2

Human Billboard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
I've heard the same sort of thing but the tattooist goe's over the tattoo that is going to be removed with bleach or some sort of bleach solution.This is something i heard many many years ago but i'll ask afew of my freinds / learning aids that have been tattooing for over 20years i'll also ask my very good freind/Teacher who has been in the game for 15 years wheather he has heard anything about this topic.

Supreme

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
If you do a search on Goggle you can find an article on this. I read that a certain solution when mixed can do this. It's merely a chemical from a chemistry lab supply company!

Let me go search for the link of the article...

Personally, I've never tried it myself - yet.

Ink - It Does the Body Good!

Kevin

Needle Prick

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Did a google search... came up with happyliving.com tattoo removal options It states something about a saline solution that is tattooed over the ink, and it will fade it. However, it's only an option for fading. Not total removal. However, perhaps multiple sessions will fade it enough to act as a "removal". hardly seems worth it. It would work for cover-ups tho. Fade the tat out and then cover... hrmmm.... that might be a good option to include. I'll have to try it on some old jailhouse tat's I have. Now its just a matter of finding a supplier of saline solution. LOL
That which doesn't kill us, makes us limp real bad and talk funny.

Paul

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

View PostAlvin, on Oct 1 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

I've tried this method a few times, never had any noticeable results from it tho.

One guy i tried it about 7 times, like redoing it once healed. If anything it looks brighter now than before we started.

Only indian ink tattoo's tho.

I watched a guy tattooing some kind of acid solution over a tattoo, a few yrs ago. The girl having it done, said it was proper stinging her. The look on her face a few minutes after he started, told me never to do anything like that.

I think as said above, the only true method is laser removal.
God is as real as I am," the old man said. I was relieved since I knew Santa wouldn't lie to me.

Get.Inked.Tattoo's

Human Billboard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
I have read TONS of different substances including, saline, Lemon Juice, White ink... I HIGHLY doubt that any of these things work, if they did EVERY Tattooist would already know about it, as it would be common knowledge. Alot of Pro's get lazer done all the time and if it were as easy as simply tattooing lemon juice over the old ink, I doubt that 30+ year pro's to the industry would be paying thousands to have tattoos removed via lazer, you May be able to lighten them somewhat but not remeve them. A girl I know also told me to tattoo with Goats milk??? I would put my money on the fact that these are all myths.
I Live for this Shit!!!!

greyshadows

Human Billboard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
I do this at my shop, part of my mentors requiremnets...i have to do ALL tattoo removals...and IT WORKS the scarring I dont know about though imagine tattooing someone.... now imagine doing it with no ink...you think that there wouldnt be a noicable difference in the tissue that has been gone over with multiple needles thousands of timnes??? Im guessing that behind the ink of a GOOD tattoo there is soem scarring albeit minimal. Either way I know it works..you often wipe away ink on the first sesssion! He wont tell me what it is but Ill show you before and after pics in my next cutomer if you remain in a state of disbelief my friends!

Edited by greyshadows, 02 October 2007 - 11:56 PM.

PERSEVERANCE, INTEGRITY, PRIDE, RESPECT, HONOR

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts
cant wait to see that grey!! go for it!! show me..

I like the idea of being able to help lighten someones old naff tattoo as a first session.... then the cover up can be a bit better due to not so much old tattoo showing.

pin him down and make him tell you what the solution is!!! I NEED to know! lol
..Damn it...

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View PostGet.Inked.Tattoo's, on Oct 1 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

I have read TONS of different substances including, saline, Lemon Juice, White ink... I HIGHLY doubt that any of these things work, if they did EVERY Tattooist would already know about it, as it would be common knowledge. Alot of Pro's get lazer done all the time and if it were as easy as simply tattooing lemon juice over the old ink, I doubt that 30+ year pro's to the industry would be paying thousands to have tattoos removed via lazer, you May be able to lighten them somewhat but not remeve them. A girl I know also told me to tattoo with Goats milk??? I would put my money on the fact that these are all myths.

yeah... and if a guy tattooist tells you that its fresh semen he needs to use on your tatt then RUN! lol
..Damn it...

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View PostKevin, on Oct 1 2007, 01:44 PM, said:

I'll have to try it on some old jail house tat's I have. Now its just a matter of finding a supplier of saline solution. LOL

me looking too!! lol..
no jail house tattoos here, lol.
but i have alot of friends that want cover ups that I just cant work a design around! lightening them first would be great....
but remember the saline idea doesn't always work... but maybe worth a try.

before anyone pipes up and says to try to cover them up rather than faffing round with saline tattooing... my pal has an ugly old school style heart with a dagger through it, and small scroll with badly lettered name in it, its GROSS..
very very bad choice aged 17 in a rush at a shop where the artist clearly didnt care for her future!
he insisted on top of her arm though she wanted back... and the design is bold and plain, just pure yuck.. believe me..
for her, the cover up option was something bold on top, which isn't what she wanted at all..
i'm sure she would jump at the chance of even lightening it to allow me to do a more delicate cover up.

edited to add..... she also told me she would rather have a scar on her arm than the tattoo... or any other tattoo for that matter... she hates it on her arm so badly... she cant afford laser removal.. or she would be going that direction instead. :-/

Edited by Devilzadvocatt, 03 October 2007 - 12:50 AM.

..Damn it...

Guest_ESSEX_GAZ_*

• Guests
my7 old neighbours husband was a home tattoo guy, and she was covered in prison stylie ink. when they separated, she went to work on those babies, with distilled WATER!! it faded them ALOT!! i have seen this method work. she had to go over them a few times i think, but it definitely faded them big time.

Get.Inked.Tattoo's

Human Billboard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Wow, I am super stoked to find out what it is that actually works to fade the tattoos. I personally have an old tattoo of a little dragon (Like a midevil type) on my forearm, and I am currently working on a 1/2 sleeve that is Japanese and the dragon clashes BIG TIME, it looks REDICULOUS, I will actually take a pic and post it up in this thread later for everyone to see, I realize that I SHOULD put it in show and tell but since it is related to the topic I don't see a problem in it. Then Grey if you could tell me what you think, if you think I would be able to remove it, or at the very least lighten it enough to be tattooed over!!! I have some Japanese water waves in the area of the dragon that I can bring up to cover the dragon and being that the blue is really bright I'm assuming that it should cover the dragon If I can lighten it enough. I am also putting a Koi right by it so maybe I could fit the tail of the koi right there and just do the tail in darker colors... I don't know.. All I know is I've NEVER regretted any of my tattoos, not even the bad ones until now, and I only rehret it because It just DOES NOT FIT IN with the rest of the work that I have done MYSELF!!!
I Live for this Shit!!!!

Frixtine

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
My husband has still stupid little skull on the top of his arm...and it is TINY for his big ole arm and you can barely even tell what it is... he loves being my guinea pig so I know he'll let me try it on him! It was his first tattoo and it is pretty much a blob now! We've talked about covering it up, but it would be easier if we could lighten it first...
A little bit o' nerd all covered in slut!

Frixtine

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
BTW...I thought I had read about this somewhere on this forum before...we need to do a search on it... I think someone said that they use alcohol on it.... I'd think that that would hurt like a b!
A little bit o' nerd all covered in slut!

greyshadows

Human Billboard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
sorry but my entor probably wont tell me until Im fulltime...the stuff comes in lil tiny vials and costa like 200 bucks a pop, the vials are smaller than those mint drops that people used to sell acid in HAHA. We charge 100$ a square inch but you keep coming back until its gone. Everyone is happy, the worst results I have seen was pinkish scar tissue that seemed to heal up over time. The stuff is like an eraser. Im guessing this is his big secret weapon, and he may never reveal it. I dont blame him. Ill get pics this weekend if I do a removal.
PERSEVERANCE, INTEGRITY, PRIDE, RESPECT, HONOR

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View Postgreyshadows, on Oct 4 2007, 01:44 AM, said:

sorry but my entor probably wont tell me until Im fulltime...the stuff comes in lil tiny vials and costa like 200 bucks a pop, the vials are smaller than those mint drops that people used to sell acid in HAHA. We charge 100$ a square inch but you keep coming back until its gone. Everyone is happy, the worst results I have seen was pinkish scar tissue that seemed to heal up over time. The stuff is like an eraser. Im guessing this is his big secret weapon, and he may never reveal it. I dont blame him. Ill get pics this weekend if I do a removal.

wow! pricey... maybe its industrial banned acid? lol

do you use a shader needle to do it? and what method?

:-)
..Damn it...

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View PostFrixtine, on Oct 3 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

My husband has still stupid little skull on the top of his arm...and it is TINY for his big ole arm and you can barely even tell what it is... he loves being my guinea pig so I know he'll let me try it on him! It was his first tattoo and it is pretty much a blob now! We've talked about covering it up, but it would be easier if we could lighten it first...

what have I started here eh??

the whole forum will be trying this out to get rid of old tattoos soon.. lol

everyone with a shitty old tattoo needs a glimmer of hope that it can be removed or be lightened... so lets hope it works for some..
i'll be using this method on a friend as soon as my saline solution arrives in the post..
I bought normal sterile saline...
that can be used for cleaning wounds and stuff, I didnt opt for contact lens cleaner saline... lol..
though its prob the same stuff, but I wanted to be as safe as possible and take no risks.

let us know how hubbys skull removal goes... I'll let you know how this one goes too.

Edited by Devilzadvocatt, 04 October 2007 - 03:29 AM.

..Damn it...

Deputy Devilz

Salty Old Sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

View PostGet.Inked.Tattoo's, on Oct 3 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

Wow, I am super stoked to find out what it is that actually works to fade the tattoos. w.. All I know is I've NEVER regretted any of my tattoos, not even the bad ones until now, and I only rehret it because It just DOES NOT FIT IN with the rest of the work that I have done MYSELF!!!

I dont regret any of my tattoos, i just regret picking the artist that did the one on my back that he was lazy on.... and as I cant turn my head and arms round to try the saline on I will have to wait and get laser on the bit I dont like. Its not bad enough to risk just messin it up with solutions soits light green instead of bright green...
but deffo not what Id call good work, so it has to go and leave a space for something nicer to be put there!

regret is strange thing.... I have regretted alot of things in my life... but not the tattoos... i regret not thinking longer and harder on WHAT to have tattood on me, but its just skin after all :-)
..Damn it...