Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Icarus999

Touchy question

Greetings all, hope the new year finds you all well. I have a question which I am concerned is a little touchy and I would like some opinions and feedback if possible. If possible the feedback of someone who tattoo's professionally would be appreciated vut of course all opi ions are welcome.

I am wondering how you would feel about a customer who wanted to supply their own ink. The reason I would like to do this is because firstly i can buy and absolute top quality ink that holds its colour well and secondly I get the peace of mind of knowing what is in the ink, given that it is my skin and is indelible. My plan for the sanity of the artist and myself was to have the ink sent to the parlour so that I can see that my ink is being used and the artist can see that it has not been opened prior to my visit and is intact, for hygene and safety and so forth. As an aside I am not looking to knock the artist down over the price. My only concern is that they have the skill to give me what I asked for i am not fussed about the price. If there is any ink left over the artist is welcome to keep it. 

I realize it is probably a really anal thing to request but there you have it. Thank you in advance for your feedback. Peace!

What makes you think your ink is any better than the artists

Edited by mark101

So if the artist decided to go ahead and use “your” ink and the tattoo turns out shit or falls out  or prematurely fades or gets infected, are you gonna blame the artist and give him a bad rap? We use certain inks because they are proven and suit what we do but mainly because we like them. How can your artist tell that it’s not soot from a burnt razor mixed with urine and put into a legitimate looking ink bottle (prison style) that you want him to use?

So many things wrong with what you are asking but I hope this helps.

So many negative opinions, here comes a positive one.

I have been that customer. I'm really concerned about my body in the don't want their own pigments to stay in their. So when I wanted my white Tattoo, I did some research about which pigments they are using. I got the data sheets from intenze and eternal.

I decided to go intenze, since their pigments were titan(di?)oxid, whereas eternal is using something different, I think it was zinc(di?)oxid. It is probably just my believe that the first one is better, but still.

So i ordered an original bottle and brought it with me (did tell him before, and since it is a major brand, it was okay for him. 

We opened it together for the first time, he put the date on it and afterwards gave it back to me in case we need some touch up. That way I am even absolutely sure, that there is no cross-contamination during the next few weeks or months.

I can absolutely not see anything wrong with this.

However, if a customer would bring me something that I don't know or that has been opened before, I would not use it.

9 hours ago, Sunny said:

So many negative opinions, here comes a positive one.

I have been that customer. I'm really concerned about my body in the don't want their own pigments to stay in their. So when I wanted my white Tattoo, I did some research about which pigments they are using. I got the data sheets from intenze and eternal.

I decided to go intenze, since their pigments were titan(di?)oxid, whereas eternal is using something different, I think it was zinc(di?)oxid. It is probably just my believe that the first one is better, but still.

So i ordered an original bottle and brought it with me (did tell him before, and since it is a major brand, it was okay for him. 

We opened it together for the first time, he put the date on it and afterwards gave it back to me in case we need some touch up. That way I am even absolutely sure, that there is no cross-contamination during the next few weeks or months.

I can absolutely not see anything wrong with this.

However, if a customer would bring me something that I don't know or that has been opened before, I would not use it

Edited *

Not worth the drama 

Edited by mark101