Long time no see.. Read more... ×

I did the art of tattooing in the 80s. I had a family and things changed. I’ve been out of it for 30 years. Back then supplies were found only in a few locations . Now that my kids are gone I was thinking of starting up again . Have been looking on the internet and lord the stuffs everywhere . How do I know who to trust and what stuffs any good . So much has changed . Any good advise. Please help this old bear

Needlejig, Kingpin, Lucky's, Tatsoul, Workhorse.  All sell the basic supplies.  May or may not check shop status before clearing and order, though. 

Thanks David. Do any of these over the others sell quality equipment. I don’t want to by junk. I know how important your basic equipment is. 

Is there a real good coil machine that is good for lining and shading without buying two? There are so many. Lol. There color packers, light shades , several types of liners . In my day I used one. I was thinking about the light weight shader from kingpin .285. Do you have a suggestion for a machine that would do a nice job on both. Also who sell the best needles

10 hours ago, Old bear said:

Is there a real good coil machine that is good for lining and shading without buying two?

Nope....unless you can line real slow and real careful.

Black Claw sells the best needles...when they're not sold out.  

You might just want to follow the modern trend: get a direct drive rotary (preferably with an adjustable cam) and run cartridges.  

Thanks for your help and advise. I really appreciate it. I’ve never used one but I will do some research on them. Thanks again for being there. I may have a few more along this journey.