Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Mortalkrillin

First tattoo colour loss?

I got my first tattoos (2 of them) about a week and a half ago. One of them is a red heart on my wrist outlined in black. I’ve been washing them 2x /day with unscented soap. My tattoo artist advised me I didn’t need to moisturize the tattoo and that it’s best to leave it alone to heal. She did say if it’s cracking or really dry to apply a thin layer of unscented moisturizer. 

So, heart tattoo became very dry within 3 days and began to crack. I started using a thin layer of aquaphor once a day. It’s been a little over a week now and the scabs have fallen off however, the red is barely visible. My tattoo artist did say colour tattoos would be difficult because of my skin tone. 

I’m just wondering if colour tattoos will really be such an issue with my skin tone? (Because I really love colour tattoos and would love to get a bigger piece in the future) I’m about a medium tan colour. It just seems like a lot of colour loss to me but I’ve never had any tattoos and this is my only colour tattoo. My tattoo artist said she hasn’t done much colour work on anyone with my skin tone. The other is all black and I’ve had no issues with it healing.

3E24A653-CEB7-4AA5-8231-761F9AFDF63E.jpeg

Colors will change. I don't know why your artist said to let it dry out because that is not a good way for healing. I have many tattoos from over a timespan of 22 years and they all healed perfectly and it's was by keeping it moistened.

Use Bepathen, you don't need much just a thin layer as Bepanthen will go into the skin. When you skin is completely dry again apply a thin layer again till the scabs fall off.

Judging by the line work, it appears that your tattooer is a bit hit-or-miss with their application.  And, unless that's a shadow, it appears that the red should be as it is at the bottom of the heart.  The rest either fell out a bit or wasn't applied properly.  Your skin tone is very standard.  I've never tattooed an albino,  so everyone that comes in is somewhat between tan and brown.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Judging by the line work, it appears that your tattooer is a bit hit-or-miss with their application.  And, unless that's a shadow, it appears that the red should be as it is at the bottom of the heart.  The rest either fell out a bit or wasn't applied properly.  Your skin tone is very standard.  I've never tattooed an albino,  so everyone that comes in is somewhat between tan and brown.  

The bottom is the last of the scabbing. I was worried when she said that colours wouldn’t show on me because of my skin being darker. I think I will get it reworked or something by another artist in the future. Thanks for the input :) 

9 minutes ago, mark101 said:

Dont blow the picture up so much 

all tattoos look like crap that way 

I had to adjust the picture otherwise it wouldn’t let me upload one. Only allowed to upload 71.68 kbs.

I don’t think it looks like crap. I’m concerned about the red colouring that was lost.