Long time no see.. Read more... ×
katlorine

Advice on a badly executed tattoo

So last week I got my second tattoo, and apparently my artist did not understand what I wanted at all, despite showing her reference photos and the style of my first tattoo. I wanted some violets in a very abstract, watercolor style.

The attached photos were the only ones small enough, but they were my refs (first for the fade style, next two for the water color/abstractness), this is my first tattoo (that I love), and these are my new tattoo.

Turns out, I absolutely hate what I ended up with. Like, have to take my glasses off to clean it, hate it. One way or another, it has to go. Is there any possibility a cover up or rework of it could even work? It's a lot bulkier than I wanted originally, so I'm kind of inclined to think it couldn't without being much, much bigger than I want. I'm tempted to just call it a complete loss and start researching tattoo removal, but I wanted to check if there's any chance to save it first. 

Thank you in advance, I would really appreciate any thoughts you might have.

P.S. Also, I know it's technically a beautiful piece of work, I'm not criticizing the quality of the piece out of context. It's just very much not the style I wanted or like for myself.

violet tat 3.jpg

violet tat 1.jpg

watercolor 4.jpg

No, the back piece is mine, just not the one that is the subject of this post. That one I actually love, was mostly just putting it in to show what the side tattoo was supposed to match.

Light purple with what appears to be a purple background as well, and with only purple shading will all settle in as a very low contrast tattoo. It will be relatively simple to adjust to your liking by someone who's more competent at the style you like.