Long time no see.. Read more... ×

There are currently 201 licensed tattoo artist in the state of Maine, and I am one of them. I was never much for forums, but scrolling through the Facebook news feed can get a bit repetitive at times (I’m assuming you all can relate to some extent). 

Now I’ve been going through a few of the forums on this site, and a lot of them seem to be quite out dated. Posts from 3 years, 5 years, and even 10 years ago. So yes, the primary purpose for this post is to meet other artist to talk to and do the whole forum thing, but I also want to see how many people actually actively use this website. (Lord knows I don’t want to sit around on a forum just to talk to myself)

Welcome to the forum Rob, you may have missed it at its most active point as social media as you know seems to have killed off most forums.

there doesn’t seem to be a lot of regulars left here anymore. Most new members are knobheads who are asking about what tattoo they should get next! 

There are a billion posts in the archives but being in a shop as a seasoned artist I don’t imagine you would need to read most of them, but if you’re ever stuck with anything I’m sure a quick search of the archives would throw up  some answers ...but remember to take everything with a pinch of salt as this forum was set up to help people who would like to “become” tattooists  as opposed to those doing the apprenticeship thing due to numerous reasons. So any answers to any questions may be right or may be wrong! 

Many members from here have gone on to be successful tattooists and some successful tattooists have also joined up and given a lot of help and assistance to members.

The deal is here to educate people on the best and cleanest way to go about tattooing, the do’s and dont’s, it’s not about promoting scratching from your bedroom for a 6 pack and a pack of smokes.

Mac 😉

It’s nice to meet mac! It really is a shame that so many people have lost interest in regular forums. I guess it’s safe to say that if it doesn’t come with an app you can download on your phone, than it’s probably not that popular ahahaha

I’m just finding out now that this forum seems to be a lot more focused on beginning artist. Personally, I was more interested in meeting more people within the industry. Expanding horizons, and talking about different techniques and methods. You know what I mean?

Now that I’ve gotten a chance to go through some of these other forums, I might have my apprentice check it out a little bit tomorrow during any down time he might have. This kid has such a good grip on the basic art foundations, at this point it’s just teaching him the new medium and teaching him how to do it safely, and understand what it is that keeps the shop standing tall

I know what you mean Rob,Nothing like learning  from a mentor but also learning from others who have made mistakes  so you don’t make the same mistakes. 

Get your apprentice to have a look, there is a goldmine of info here that even a good mentor may have overlooked.

Yup: welcome.  And that concludes the welcoming party by all of the regular visitors to this forum!

20 hours ago, David said:

Yup: welcome.  And that concludes the welcoming party by all of the regular visitors to this forum!

WOW, is it really as bad as that...?

12 hours ago, Nippyneedle said:

WOW, is it really as bad as that...?

Yup.  Mac, Mark and myself are pretty much the only long term members -that I'm aware of- still stopping in regularly.