Long time no see.. Read more... ×

So I’m having trouble coming up with my own original flash I usually copy someone else’s design then tweak it a little bit but I find myself copying the designs sometimes exactly the same almost. What are some thoughts on this and how do you come up with original flash? 

Draw in your spare time. If you're trying to do these designs for clients as they wait, you're putting too much pressure on yourself.  If you're not busy tattooing, you should be busy drawing. Copy the same flash enough times and you'll come up with your own even if just out of boredom. 

• Like 1

It’s cool to draw something up from your own head, but when it all boils down to it references are key. Just remember that there is a difference between referencing someone else’s work, and straight up copying them. 

Dont use just one or two references when you draw up your own flash. More times than not, you will find yourself just re-drawing what someone else has already drawn. I guess my advice would be to pick out no less than 3-5 references and use them to piece together your own original flash. :)

• Like 1

Is anything origional now a days ?

theres only so many variations of a rose or a swallow or a ship you can actually do lol

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have been drawing and painting like crazy sometimes I fall into the category of almost copying someone else’s design but it has become easier to reference and make it my own design