Long time no see.. Read more... ×

Just a thought.. I know it's not good to tattoo without formal training, but in my country tattooing is a much more informal practice, so I decided to start on my own.. I'm hesitant to even post this because of potential negative critisism..  Please be gentle. 

Okay... So I just got my own tattoo machine and I'm starting to learn.. I've only tattooed myself, but the tattoos I've done both came off... The scabs were loose and my skin shed most of the tattoo back out, and barely any of the ink stayed in my skin.. I have a feeling that I might be tattooing too shallow into the skin?  Could use some advice..

Not going deep enough is usually the best guess but cant say for sure and i dont want to say go deeper. It can be simpler things, quality of ink matters...practice on fruits then try doing simple lines on your upper leg...but before all your machine needs to be tuned so it hits properly the right speed with the proper speed of your hand. Keep practicing until you get the feel for your machine. As you keep practicing you will start to understand the machine more and more and upgrade your equipment. U can do work with cheaper stuff yes, but quality machines are  consistent and dealing with something that is going Inside the skin a mm with precision then it really matters...

• Like 1