Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Steviraw

Immortal ink black fading early?

Hi this is my first time on a forum, apologies in advance if I have no technical know how on terminology and other malarkey, I am on here to find stuff out about tattooing and to better myself at tattooing, I am trying to learn as much as I can and local tattooists basically don’t want to know, which I can understand, but that doesn’t help me lol basically I want to know has anyone used immortal black tattoo ink? I have used it and found that it fades very early, like 2-3 weeks after the tattoo, I want to know if;

a) it’s a needle depth issue

b) a power set up or tuning set up issue

c) the ink is just not up to the job

or d) something I’m just not doing right

please if anyone can help me I am really busting a guy with this one as I have also used Viking black liner and it doesn’t seem to fade

Just buy talens rather than the shit like immortal then it will be one less thing to worry about 

dont worry about  the "you cant use that for tattooing" brigade  as its been used for more years than ive been alive and im nearly 50

but i would say without seeing or watching it wil probably be all 4 if im totally honest

Have since changed my lining to Viking dark lining ink, it was the ink after all, thanks for the reply tho I really do appreciate whatever anyone has to offer me, cheers mate

Don t listen to mark he spends more time on this forum acting like a know it all and tries to shoot everyone down because he probably is a fucking loser, so it makes him feel good about himself.. mark101 tattoo god and knows everything about people by simply guessing...wow what's the point of being a dick for no reason? Respectively

• Upvote 1

Try national triple black ink, the price is unbelievable and its from a great reputable company known for their quality and non inflated prices, they don't charge way extra like other companies just because they can, u know?.. www.nationaltattoo.com give it a shot and order a small bottle for littlerally $6.50 you probably won't use anything else again...

National triple black is too greasy imo. Sucks to line with. Dynamic all day

It's concentration may work for some, I like it but I also like kuro Sumi, and some people don't like that for whatever reason...saying it sucks is more of a difference of opinion, saying more like "I don't prefer nationals ink, the concentration doesn t work for me because it's a bit greasy feeling, but I like yadiyadayada...." I'm just saying what you like others may not like and saying "it sucks" is not really a reason, so say why it sucks and explain in words why it doesn't work for you would be a more positive message. You see what I mean? I respect what anyone has to say as long as it's constructively, I'm sure everyone has boat loads of wonderful information.

13 hours ago, Paisley1 said:

It's concentration may work for some, I like it but I also like kuro Sumi, and some people don't like that for whatever reason...saying it sucks is more of a difference of opinion, saying more like "I don't prefer nationals ink, the concentration doesn t work for me because it's a bit greasy feeling, but I like yadiyadayada...." I'm just saying what you like others may not like and saying "it sucks" is not really a reason, so say why it sucks and explain in words why it doesn't work for you would be a more positive message. You see what I mean? I respect what anyone has to say as long as it's constructively, I'm sure everyone has boat loads of wonderful information.

I believe he specified that it "sucks to line with"; and that it was "too greasy" *in his opinion*.  Therefore, Dynamic could be considered a less viscous ink that may be easier for the original post-er to line with.

Personally, I like Dynamic for lining; Talens for greywash, and Waverly dark black to fill and whip shade with. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, Paisley1 said:

You're kidding me, right? Are you seriously arguing over semantics?

I love hearing others opinions and what they like, but being more descriptive other than the word sucks is what would be helpful to me and others who maybe want to try other inks that work for you all. Maybe some of your descriptive words may help us decide if it is something that we may like or dislike, I'm not arguing just pointing it out. So many people are so quick to argue on here, everyone wants to prove how smart and better at tattoo knowledge they are, it's funny.

I thought I gave a reason on why I don't like national's black. I said it was too greasy. Not a good ink to line with. I like dynamic, and Im too busy to arsed with using different blacks to line and shade with. Thats why I prefer Dynamic, it suits me for just about everything

That's good to know, I'm going to try it out, thanks for the reccomendation. There's a triple black and black, dynamic triple black has a blue lid, which do you use? And 9.99 for a 1 oz or 29.99 for 8 oz sounds good to me ... 

5 hours ago, Paisley1 said:

That's good to know, I'm going to try it out, thanks for the reccomendation. There's a triple black and black, dynamic triple black has a blue lid, which do you use? And 9.99 for a 1 oz or 29.99 for 8 oz sounds good to me ... 

Dynamic Triple black: that's new to me!  I just looked it up and their site's completely revamped since I last ordered ink from them.  I will have to give it a whirl.  

On 8/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, David said:

Dynamic Triple black: that's new to me!  I just looked it up and their site's completely revamped since I last ordered ink from them.  I will have to give it a whirl.  

Had some work done with dynamic black, thick lines and everything, big traditional spiderweb. and wow is that shit legit, I think I'm in love haha damn you were right!!!

On 8/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, adm said:

I thought I gave a reason on why I don't like national's black. I said it was too greasy. Not a good ink to line with. I like dynamic, and Im too busy to arsed with using different blacks to line and shade with. Thats why I prefer Dynamic, it suits me for just about everything

Thanks! You shot that, I'm glad our paths crossed on here, even though we were off to a rocky start, u were a big help!

My buddy used some 500 dollar pen with a battery pack, I forget the brand, I was a little skeptical but was blown away by the smoothness, quickness, and overall versatility with the battery lasting easily longer than 5 hours straight and just popping on new cartridges from round to flat shade and still have more power left to crank it up if need be no matter what you stuck on the tip... I work with coil machines and got pretty into the mechanics aspect of them so seeing this machine work so well kinda made me a bit sad. But overall may be a good addition to my box of tricks.  Just thought I'd add that....i feel like an old person when a new technology comes out...haha I invested so much time and energy on my coils I don't know if I really want to give up that part I love so much about tattooing...does anybody feel the same way? I do love the art aspect yes but theres something about coil machines that makes it even more special to me...

I prefer coils, and I'm supersized your buddy can get a rotary to work with battery power. I use a battery and rheostat, and rotaries dont seem to work with them from my experience. the speed goes up and down 

10 hours ago, adm said:

I prefer coils, and I'm supersized your buddy can get a rotary to work with battery power. I use a battery and rheostat, and rotaries dont seem to work with them from my experience. the speed goes up and down 

I swear the speed was super consistent I heard no up and down and I know what you mean, but I was pretty impressed. It actually has a battery pack that slid onto the top of it, I'll find out the brand and all but it was quite amazing...yes like u I love coils too and I don't plan on switching fully, but I'm keeping an open mind...oh yeah he also used dringenberg before the switch over to this pen and he loves his new machinery. I wonder if these pens are the machines of the future, but I think they're will always be coils, even the first machine invented by Edison still looks just like a coil machine...anywho I strayed off topic s bit hsha, yeah I just wanted to see what others thought, and I'm glad you shared a little about your passion for coils, like I do. What's anyone else's thoughts on all this?

Oh, sounds like some new fangled tech. I just use a deep cell battery connected to a small rheostat

II want to try winding my own coils by hand I'm super interested in it and want to see how good I can do it and compare to some of the top builds...have you done it adm??