Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Revan

Need advice on a sleeve and how long it'd take

Hello,

Just last week I went in and got phase 1 done of my sleeve. 

https://i.gyazo.com/08ce383409ce604f57a6fd724f605059.jpg

My plan was for it to be a 95% sleeve, meaning I wasn't going to do the elbow.  This first session was four hours, and I imagine that will be what we do each time.  Due to money, I'm unable to do longer sessions.  I've done a bit of research and read that sometimes it can be a year or two process.  With me only being able to go in once a month, and that once a month session being four hours, I feel like it'll definitely be a year long commitment.  I really want this sleeve, but I'm also not sure if I want to do this every single month.

I guess what I'm hoping is that someone might be able to give me a close time frame as to how long this might take to do.  One thing I have going for me is small arms, but one issue my artist ran into was due to how pale my skin is, she really had to take extra time to get the ink to stay. (or something like thhat)

Dont do it every month if you dont want to 

picture doesnt open

Edited by mark101

13 hours ago, mark101 said:

Dont do it every month if you dont want to 

picture doesnt open

For some reason the forum is embedding it, but if you copy and paste it works.

No no, I am very eager to do this and get it done, I just mean I don't want this to end up being a year or two long commitment.  At least to me, that just seems like such a long time to work on it.

Just sounds like you are feeling impulsive and dont have much patience for the process. It’s gonna take as long as it takes. Just keep doing the 4 hour sessions till its done. 

Jeff Gogue traveled to japan multiple times a year for 12x 10 hour sessions and it took him like a year and a half to do his back body suit. 101 hours total he said. Tattooing takes time, and multiple trips and multiple passes to make a great tattoo. 

you’re working within your budget and doing what you can, that’s all you can do, you’re right where you should be. i will say that in my experience of tattooing people, usually pale skin is the easiest for me to tattoo.