JYao

Communication with Artist and Client.

Hey All,

If you were getting a custom piece (half sleeve) done, wouldn't you want to collaborate with the artist and get feedback via email or phone? Reason I ask is because I'm getting a piece done in a few days and the artist isn't giving me much feedback. In email, I have expressed things I want in the piece and not sure how to make it flow so I wanted suggestions from the artist but heard nothing back. After a week, I would send another email to see if I should just send images over and the person said "sure, send over what you like." That's all that was said in the email. At this point, I'm getting a little worried and not sure what to do. I paid the security deposit and supposed to get a proof of the tattoo the day before the session. Is it normal to have this kind of minimal interaction with the person that is supposed to be tattooing me? I've asked questions regarding my tattoo design and not once has he spoken about it to me once. Our first interaction began May 14, 2018.

I would like to get feedback from artists and others on this. 

Imagine if you will 

hes a popular artist how many customers do you think he may have emailing him every day  

to you its important but to him its just getting in the way of him working.

would you like him to be answering messages during your paid for time ?

wait until the day before as well instructed if you like what he has drawn them get it but dont let him pressure you if its not what you want

when are you due to get the tattoo? 

If the artist has told you that you will see the design the day before the session, then that's when you'll see the design. 

Every artist has a different process, but very few have time to go back and forth with each client regarding their design. Just wait until it's ready. Your artist should be able to make any changes needed before the tattoo.