• Announcements

• J.J. Flash

THIS IS A SITE FOR ARTISTS, NOT CLIENTS (Please read before posting)   04/18/2018

I'm seeing a lot more questions from people who are looking to get tattoos, asking about ideas, healing instructions, etc. These are questions you should ask YOUR  LOCAL TATTOO ARTIST, not random people on the internet. This site is specifically for tattoo artists and those looking to get into the trade by way of an apprenticeship. Don't be shy! Google local artists and drop by a shop or two, check out their portfolio of work and talk about your ideas with a professional who can help you achieve the best tattoo experience. 

Thanks for reading!

I got this tattoo last week in London. There appears to be blowout/blue tinted skin in the enclosed portion furthest right and other areas of it. I emailed  where I got it done (a refutable place) and they said to wait it out until the 3 week mark. Does this look like healing or blowout to you? Do you think it’d go away on its own or Is it treatable with laser if it’s blowout? I realize it’s minor but things like this bother me haha. I’ve attached pics. Im also wondering what you think the cause was, I have been careful but maybe not careful enough with clothes rubbing, etc? I read blowout is usually the artists fault. Also, above the om symbol, the dot has a blemish/ potential keloid on it and the ink is very faded. Im wondering if once the blemish is gone, the ink will reappear? It’s been a little over a week and this is my first tattoo. I’m really concerned it was my fault. 

thank you!!

62E9916B-201D-4FA2-B7CA-076C732370AA.jpeg

tattoo blowout is generally the artist penetrating the skin too deep or at too much of an angle, unless you have had a substantial bump to the tattoo area  then the blowout was most probably the artist, note tho that the skin does bruise too around the area being tattooed, and tends to look like a blowout, this generally goes away within a few weeks. the area on the skin plays a role too, looks like yours is on your upper back across the spine, the change of areas on the skin without adjusting hand movement could mean deeper penetration in some areas than others, hope this helps 

• Like 1

@Dopey Dopes thank you for this information. really helped me understand whats going on which is just what i needed to hear. I think it is definitely blown and I do have very thin, fragile, sensitive skin so it was probably difficult for any artist. I am 2.5 weeks in at this point and its still very blue if not more so. I will just have to learn to love it 

Did you pass this information on to the artist? 

If you did then they are stupid to ignore if you didnt then thats bad on your part 

same as when people don't tell the artist they are on things like blood thinners and other drugs.

@mark101no i didn't, so yes bad on my part.,.. although the skin on my face is the only thing iv ever noticed to be sensitive so this is just now my conclusion is that my whole body is sensitive. i am only 21. prior to the tattoo i didn't even think to say anything since my upper back has never had an issue and seems "thicker" but i am probably wrong here. and also I had no idea blowout could happen so wasn't worried besides having a possible longer healing time or being red for a bit. I had not been educated on depth of needle or anything this is my first tattoo.  now looking back , i have learned that that might have been the reason for this... SO when i get another, which i do want more, I now know. at least its in a good place and not huge, and everyone iv asked about it hasn't really noticed it at all thankfully. I'm not sure how artists could educate new customers on things like blowout but i wish i had known before hand .

1 hour ago, megan0809 said:

@mark101no i didn't, so yes bad on my part.,.. although the skin on my face is the only thing iv ever noticed to be sensitive so this is just now my conclusion is that my whole body is sensitive. i am only 21. prior to the tattoo i didn't even think to say anything since my upper back has never had an issue and seems "thicker" but i am probably wrong here. and also I had no idea blowout could happen so wasn't worried besides having a possible longer healing time or being red for a bit. I had not been educated on depth of needle or anything this is my first tattoo.  now looking back , i have learned that that might have been the reason for this... SO when i get another, which i do want more, I now know. at least its in a good place and not huge, and everyone iv asked about it hasn't really noticed it at all thankfully. I'm not sure how artists could educate new customers on things like blowout but i wish i had known before hand .

Megan 

an artist cant educate you on blowout rather they need to educate them selves about blow out 

blow out is easily avoided by someone who knows what they are doing