OK so I got a tattoo a little while ago. My first one got infected so I was unable to watch the healing process and how the color set. I finished the other side of my arm with the continuation of the sleeve. My problem is that a good portion of the black healed skin tone. It looks like I drew it on with sharpie and its washing off. Is this a neglect on the artists part, a healing problems, or just my skin not taking the color? 

I've tried to upload a photo but it keeps saying the file is too large. And just from a shop and guy that was reconmended to me. 

Im getting mixed messages here 

the pics are linked to a removal site are you trying to get rid of it?

No I just got the piece done and this is what it looks like. This is the closest thing I couod find to what it looks like now and the website wouldn't let me attatch a picture of my arm that I took. 

Was wondering if it is the tattoo artist not doing well or if it is just my arm that can't take the ink. It just hasn't set and looks just like that removal pic

Could be a few things. 

Did you go to a doctor for the infection?  If not, it may not have been an actual infection.  Excess aftercare will mimic an infection (tender,swollen, red around the edges), minus the puss.  The proper amount of aftercare ointment is almost none.  If you can see it on your skin after you've applied it, it's too much.  

That being said; it could just be sensitive skin.  I heal horribly, and can't put any ointment on my skin at all without a bad reaction. I also get ink allergies and my tattoos healed scabby and itch and burn for weeks after applied.  If that's the case with you, it's just bad luck.  

And also, it could be poor application. 

Yeah I went to the doctor for the infection. But I got the other side done and it didnt get infected but its fading more than the infected side did