Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
k074

Help with tattoo yellow scabs

Hello guys,

My name is Thiago, i'm tattooing around 2 years. I work at a Studio in Brazil.

So i'm having trouble with healing. Some of my customers are getting yellow scabs that look like the pic attached.

Usually It happens with white or lighter colors. My supplies are disposable, and i keep the enviroment clean and safe as possible.

I'm kinda newbie so I don't know exactly If it's infection, allergies or If I went to deep in the skin. (Maybe because lighter colors are harder to apply for me).

Can you guys help me figure This out? i really want to improve myself and bem a good professional ?

Thanks in advance!

IMG-20171228-WA0007.jpg

looks like you went a bit deep and over worked the area, green yellow and red are very hard colors to put into the skin and although they look like they not in the skin they are, many artists keep working the area hoping to get the pigment in, had this issue before also, yellow scab tho is a bit concerning 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Dopey, this makes sense...

I remember to think this lighter green was not going through. So it's more like I overworked indeed.

I fixed the gaps after healing, so I will be more careful with those colors now :)

You shouldn’t be having this problem with greens,.. red,white,yellow & pink I found at first were hard to see going in the skin but you should be way past that stage if you are in a studio,! Either get some input from other artists you work with or get to practicing with lighter colours on yourself as it can always be gone over at a later date with darker ones.

if you were in a studio I owned and one more person returned with  an overworked tattoo like that, I’m afraid you would be looking forward to unemployment benefits  pretty quick

just sayin’...