Sign in to follow this  
JayAlozo

Traditional Japanese Style Questions

I had a few quick questions about Traditional Japanese tattoos. Does placement and or color change the meaning of a the piece? The idea I have is a traditional dragon starting on my chest and then going onto my arm as part of a sleeve but so far I can't figure out how to place the body of the dragon without leaving no room for additional pieces of the sleeve. I initially thought about having it go onto the back of my shoulder or the top of my ribs for extra space. Also the coloring of the piece is still up in the air but i was wondering if my color choice will change the meaning of the piece. I am looking for people well versed in this style of tattooing who can help me with multiple more questions concerning my sleeve. If you have any information at all that would be helpful. 

26 minutes ago, mac_1au said:

Depends if your dragon has 3 claws or 4 claws ?

Or what you thnk is a dragon is actually a dragon 

2 hours ago, mark101 said:

Or what you thnk is a dragon is actually a dragon 

I married one, once upon a time .... it wasn’t a dragon when we first met.... blah blah blah..... killed that dragon and lived happily ever after ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you're going "traditional Japanese'' Id recommend finding an artist who specializes in it. Typically they'll have HORI in-front of their name given to them by the person who trained them... Anyway traditional japanese work SHOULD start on the back as it's the biggest canvass someone can see from far away and that should be the main imagery to a full or short suit. Can't go wrong with woodblock prints if you're looking for ideas. Japanese dragons have 3 claws LOL.