• Announcements

dirtnail

Reaction to Intenze Bowery Red... looking for alternatives

Hi guys,

I've had reactions to some red inks in the past and am reacting to the Intenze Bowery Red I use on myself. Luckily there's no blistering or any of that nasty stuff, mostly itching and bad healing in some spots. The red parts are raised and itchy and the black lines next to them are really light.

Easiest would probably be to just not use red of course, but, well I like traditional and I like red :D:rolleyes:
Now I know not every red in my other tattoos caused reactions so I am looking for an alternative red(like) ink to use.

Do any of you guys have experience with allergic reactions to reds and know of inks that work for "red challenged" people like me? Or maybe places where I can get sample sets to test with?

Thanks!

*edited as i dont wanna get sued for libel *

where in the world are you as the list could be area dependant

Edited by mark101

Check the magic moon website 

they are based in germany 

you will get top brands from there no problem

Or you could try Bill Stevenson from  www.waverlycolor.com , pretty sure they have sample sets and their prices are good for what you get, only downfall would be shipping as they are in USA.

just checked and a sample set is $67 which consists of.....

Primary 1oz set now including 2oz bottles of Dark Black and Bluebird.

This set is ideal for traveling and conventions, also good for the artist interested in trying Waverly Color before investing in larger sets.

Includes: White, Red, Orange, Gold, Yellow, Medium Blue, Green, Magenta, Brown, Purple, Dark Black, and Bluebird.

@mac_1au & @mark101 thanks for the suggestions. I have some sites I can order from, was more wondering if there are sites where I could get different samples of reds.

For the moment I mainly use black, yellow and red but a little sample/travel set to extend my color range is definitely something to think about.

Magic moon I know, have their cartridge needles. Never checked their site though... might be worth a visit.

Most suppliers only stock maybe 4-5 brand names as far as I know, so you may have to search a bit for one that sells multiple different brands and chose your reds from there, 

Ink is one area you dont scrimp and save on 

you can save a little on everything else to do with tattooing but not ink that is the only lasting reminder of any tattoo 

Not saying you are trying too mind you!!