Sign in to follow this  
Daws_Matthew

HELP building a machine from scratch

Im trying to find great websites that sell quality parts to people not employed by a shop. Im starting out and trying to rebuild some shitty coil machines and have had difficulty trying to figure out which parts to replace with what in terms of best materials to use, so i figured if i just found a good website, it would take a lot of the guesswork out of it and i could just get all my parts from them. I would appreciate any and all advice, thanks. 

(and yes i know, the parts to use and replace with depends on peoples preferences and what kind of machines I'm using and what i want to be doing with my machines, but I'm just looking for good quality companies to buy from that don't require proof of employment at a shop)

rebuilding a shitty machine with quality parts leads to other problems in itself

plus i found 90% of the people who sell to those not working in a shop sell.........

shitty parts

there are a few that you can buy from if you look properly

Edited by mark101

Plus cheap shitty machines are ‘close’ to proper expensive machines  but most times the geometry is out and the parts it comes with are made to suit that particular machine, so buying from a reputable/ quality builder/ supplier/ whatever is just gonna cause you more problems trying to get “proper sized” parts to fit a “fucked up” frame.... just my opinion

if you do decide to take this road be prepared to do a lot of trimming and shimming 😕