Chip87

Location Advice

I'm looking to get my first tattoo and very excited to get it but I'm not sure of location.

I know I want something like the picture below (just a B&W outline) and ideally I'd have it on my forearm BUT because of my job I think this isn't feasible - I'm a teacher and often roll my sleeves up!

I was thinking upper arm somewhere but would inner or outer bicep be better? Or should I be more daring and think about somewhere else? Any advice for a first timer is very appreciated!!!

9c80f35a0c1fa9516cb79494d88b3a27.jpg

• Like 1

Get someone to draw it on and walk around with it for a week or so 

see what happens 

personally i think its a very dated boring design and the kind that gets covered up after a month or so 

but it is your skin and if thats what floats your boat then go fo it 

Thanks Mark, I should probably have guessed that advice!

What do you mean by 'dated' in terms of tattoos? Is it that it was just very popular a while ago or just not the trend right now?

The tattoo does have personal meaning to me - it's from the film I saw with my wife when we first got together, the reading it is based on was at our wedding etc etc. But I'm just curious what the trend would be in tattoos right now...

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Chip87 said:

Thanks Mark, I should probably have guessed that advice!

What do you mean by 'dated' in terms of tattoos? Is it that it was just very popular a while ago or just not the trend right now?

The tattoo does have personal meaning to me - it's from the film I saw with my wife when we first got together, the reading it is based on was at our wedding etc etc. But I'm just curious what the trend would be in tattoos right now...

Thanks!

Owls,feathers,script are all some of the current trends atm 

at the end of the day if its what you want then go and get it but its still only a version of a ying yang design.

you have to live with it and it is your skin so no one can say whether its right or wrong if you get it on your forearm at least it will give you a bit of cred with the kids and give you something to talk about instead of crappy old maths english geography etc lol

Good luck with it just be 100% certain it is 

a)what you want

B ) where You want it

Edited by mark101