Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
creechc

Getting a tattoo with highly sensitive skin

2 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first time posting, and I was wondering if you all have any recommendations about tattooing with problematic skin. Basically my skin is super dry, so I use a light moisturizer daily. I was wondering if this would create any problems for a tattoo? In addition, is it recommended to get a test to see if I might react to ink (and how does one go about this)? And one last question, what is the protocol about getting tattooed with acne? Generally my skin doesn't have acne, but I am on minocycline to help suppress it, I don't know if that would be a problem. Basically I just want to make sure that I won't be wasting the time of the artist when I do walk into their studio. Thank you so much!

I've had difficulties tattooing someone who was taking medication for acne. His skin welted up and damaged very easily.  And I react badly to tattoo pigment. All of my tattoos scabbed badly regardless of how or where they were applied or what type of aftercare I attempted.  They were also very uncomfortable during the healing process - feeling like a bad sunburn for up to a month.   As far as I know, you won't know if you're allergic to the pigment until it's under your skin.