Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tattooforme

Did i get scammed for deposit by well know artist?

8 posts in this topic

I recently got accepted by a worlds top 10 tattoo artist wich i wont say the name as i dont wanna tarnish it or cause problems in case it gets resolved.

I threw out a offer of a extra 20% or a $1500 usd incentive to the best of the best guys like i have seen many other people offer on tattoo boards and i got a reply by one of the best guys around who collaborates with all the best guys and does shows all over and has hundreds of thousands of followers on every social media so i thought it was a sure thing. 

His email was on his instagram and facebook and thats where i got the email to message him and he messaged me back from the address. He said he would accept the money and that next year he would be at a convention that isnt a far flight for me and give me the spot and charge $2800 usd each full day.

We messaged each other every day for a week on the logistics and any questions i had and he got back to me within 1 and half days maximum each time. At the last message he said put the money on his paypal and i would have the spot next summer and his paypal account was his email that is posted everywhere. I offered to do it through the bank interact but he said he was having problems overseas with transfers and paypal would be fine.

I paid it through my visa on paypal and when i was authorizing it the automated voice on visa said the name of his email but that it was some alarm company wich was kinda weird but it converted to his currency where he lived automatically wich i know he lives there and its a small place. So i emailed him telling him the money is there and if he got it cause i was worried and he didnt get back too me. I waited 2 more days and emailed again and no response then 2 days later i emailed that i was now getting really worried and if he would get back to me asap and its been 2 more days now.

I dont know what to do? i dont wanna lose my spot with a amazing famous artist like that if its nothing but i do not wanna lose that money either. Nor do i wanna tarnish that persons name. What should i do guys? why wouldnt he message me back after a week and only ignore me after the cash was sent? he must be a rich guy already too.

Are you the same guy who was going to pay like 4 or 5 k to get on someones list?

17 hours ago, mark101 said:

Are you the same guy who was going to pay like 4 or 5 k to get on someones list?

what do you mean?

7 hours ago, tattooforme said:

what do you mean?

sure sounds similar

Well, if you want the best guy who is the best of the best who works best with the best guys of guys who are the best and are the best in the best top 10 of the best guys, you should be a little more patient. I'm not a top 10 artist, I'm only currently ranked 13 on the top best guys list, and it an be hard returning emails.

4 hours ago, adm said:

Well, if you want the best guy who is the best of the best who works best with the best guys of guys who are the best and are the best in the best top 10 of the best guys, you should be a little more patient. I'm not a top 10 artist, I'm only currently ranked 13 on the top best guys list, and it an be hard returning emails.

Theres a new guy on facebook just started and hes 13th so you must be 14th now

damnnit! These rankings are really important in the tattoo world, especially cause money is never an issue

However 2 old timers have died or retired so you could well be 11 or 12 now 

give it a week....