La Pleurnicharde

Hello from Canada!

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I hope you're all doing well.

I'm a small-town gal who's been drawing for years. I have a diploma in secreterial studies and accounting, but I've decided that I'd much rather be a tattoo artist than a secretary-accountant hybrid. So, I joined this forum in the hopes that I will be able to learn more about what it truly takes to be a great tattoo artist and to maybe make some new friends along the way.

The only work that I currently have to show you guys is this sort-of flash sheet that I drew today, but I do plan on sharing more in the future!

Welcome 

your thumb thinks its a little finger 

1 hour ago, mark101 said:

Welcome 

your thumb thinks its a little finger

Thank you!

If you're talking about the finger that's in front of the candle, it looks like a little finger because it is, haha. The thumb is behind the candle.

Posted (edited)

In that case then the pad of the thumb or the muscle shouldnt be there lol 

Edited by mark101

4 hours ago, mark101 said:

In that case then the pad of the thumb or the muscle shouldnt be there lol 

It's supposed to be a fold in the skin. I used a picture of my own hand for reference, and I have a fold there. So do this person and this other person.

Thank you for your criticism, though and I apologize if I fail to see what you're seeing.

the 'line'  in the middle of the hand should be curved the other way in my opinion as that is the more prominent line on anyones hand. have a look at your own hand for comparison, and yes, you do have a fold there but the pic isn't realism so I think you tried too hard to put in a lesser  detail. Its not really a big deal, but can be confusing to another artist .apart from that its a nice start

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, La Pleurnicharde said:

It's supposed to be a fold in the skin. I used a picture of my own hand for reference, and I have a fold there. So do this person and this other person.

Thank you for your criticism, though and I apologize if I fail to see what you're seeing.

Its ok im just making conversation lol 

you'll get used to us if you stick around

Edited by mark101

20 hours ago, mac_1au said:

the 'line'  in the middle of the hand should be curved the other way in my opinion as that is the more prominent line on anyones hand. have a look at your own hand for comparison, and yes, you do have a fold there but the pic isn't realism so I think you tried too hard to put in a lesser  detail. Its not really a big deal, but can be confusing to another artist .apart from that its a nice start

Ah, see. That's all it took for me to understand. Just telling me that a line "shouldn't be there" doesn't actually help me, so thank you for providing me with a mental image of what you mean.