dead bird singing

clip cords... durable

26 posts in this topic

looking into clip cords. am buying from reputable suppliers, but always end up having them wearing away. partially my fault as am often rolling the stool wheels on as i work..

was wondering if anyone knows of any source that might sell more durable / heavy duty ones... perhaps thicker cables.. good conductivity.... something i wont have to replace after a couple of months.

if in europe better, if not.. just as fine. 

thanks in advance

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Al brodeur who used to be on here sells his on the workhorse irons site 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mark101 said:

Al brodeur who used to be on here sells his on the workhorse irons site 

thanks mark, will check that out. was also looking at tatsoul's heavy duty.. comes with a 5 yr guarantee, if it lasts me a year I m happy/. and deathless cords..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

checked it out..

.speaking of workhorse irons.. was just yesterday looking at soba s speedballer liner / mini rusto.. have you ever got your hands on any? just youtubed some reviews.. came across a Scottish accented guy.. thought it had to be paul (nippyneedle)  ;) 

that way might make it all in one order... once I decide which machine to go for.

 thanks again

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mni rustos are good for the money.

i'll check out the you tube clip as nippy does a dair few and it could be him

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, mark101 said:

Mni rustos are good for the money.

i'll check out the you tube clip as nippy does a dair few and it could be him

checked again, clips was on the rusto..

the speedballer runs at 150-160 unloaded. slightly faster than the rusto although I doubt one would notice any major difference (/from 140-50).

 

Edited by dead bird singing
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whay about buying some thicker wire shrink tibe and a soldering iron and replace the old cord when needed? it would be cheap too.    amd that soldiering iron will one day come in handy for your machine's as well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zerofunks said:

whay about buying some thicker wire shrink tibe and a soldering iron and replace the old cord when needed? it would be cheap too.    amd that soldiering iron will one day come in handy for your machine's as well. 

just ordered the al brodeur s workhorse, but the wire shrink sounds like a good idea. sometimes it s not the bad quality of a clipcord, but my swivel chair / stool wheels going over the thin plastic around the wiring.. so that would help give better protection

thanks mate

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

cant post it in this section but i have an idea lol

Edited by mark101
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mark101 said:

cant post it in this section but i have an idea lol

pm.. or we move the thread to another section? got me curious :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dead bird singing said:

pm.. or we move the thread to another section? got me curious :D

Perfect solution to an age old problem but i got to do it first lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mark101 said:

Perfect solution to an age old problem but i got to do it first lol

good luck then... looking forward to hear more ;) got the speedballer liner too btw.. should receive it someday next week.. happy as a kid on Christmas day

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dead bird singing said:

good luck then... looking forward to hear more ;) got the speedballer liner too btw.. should receive it someday next week.. happy as a kid on Christmas day

I'll send you a pm i can trust you 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mark101 said:
Just now, mark101 said:

I'll send you a pm i can trust you 

:D:D:D thanks

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sent it i think but apparently you cannot recieve pms lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark101 said:

Sent it i think but apparently you cannot recieve pms lol

that sucks lol... just sent you a msg, not sure why is that..

otherwise we need one of those homing / carrier pigeons.. ;) 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my new girlfriend... gonna give lola a break.

also the clip cord you suggested, mark.. tried 'em both yesterday.  very happy

ww2.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dead bird singing said:

my new girlfriend... gonna give lola a break.

also the clip cord you suggested, mark.. tried 'em both yesterday.  very happy

ww2.jpg

Have a happy and long life together lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mark101 said:

Have a happy and long life together lol

already looking at who's gonna be next ;) but thanks haha

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Lola is chucked on the scrap heap? , then again I'm sure Nippy described it as something like a scrap pirate ship or something like that! 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mac_1au said:

So Lola is chucked on the scrap heap? , then again I'm sure Nippy described it as something like a scrap pirate ship or something like that! 😉

I don't think she ll be fully retired ;) still love that machine as well. nippy had also sent me different springs / a bar to use as a colour packer... never put them on. yet ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another wee shader I built a while back runs like a dream thanks to the wes coils, its mild steel polished to a mirror finish

IMG_2864.JPG

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, looks great ;) love the frame

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a mash up betweeen a cross and a supreme.

cool

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now