• Announcements

Gillmurr

Tattoo anxiety and obsessing

Hello,

So...i.got a tattoo 10 years ago, and went in to get a similar one on the other shoulder (Roman numerals of my kid's birthdays...just had a new baby so her birthday is the new one).

So the artist says "I can clean up.that old one and add a little white outline. (10 years old...done in my living room by some guy. First tattoo ever.).

So she did my new one and touched up the old one..new one looks.great...old one, not so much.. now I know it was already not great, but i feel like it looks.worse, especially looking at it up close. My friends and boyfriend tell me it looks better.

I guess my question is, if I go back (I have another appointment in a few weeks), will she be able to make it look cleaner? Am I tripping? 

It's my son's birthday...ive always loved this tattoo, and now it's causing me to obsess and have anxiety..

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX6vF7MjP-_suMKWUHwbs9qhswtGmNVhOiZaZEUbM4E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Please let me know if you can't access the link.

Thanks! G

Give it a couple of weeks 

always found going over an existing tattoo flares up the old 

2 hours ago, mark101 said:

Give it a couple of weeks 

always found going over an existing tattoo flares up the old 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. 

It has been about 5 weeks. Could it take longer? 

Again. Thank you so much for your reply!! 

it looks like "some guy" blew out the linework of the old tattoo so no it will never look exactly like the pro tattoo you got...dont cheat yourself by getting a cheaper tattoo...go to a pro everytime and this wont occur.

Actually, the old one was already rather blown out..and the old one was done in my living room by not a professional. lol. Years ago when I was still a youngin. LOL 

I went to a professional to try and fix it, which they said it would be hard to do, but would try. 

When I showed them, they said they can try to go over it some more with some neutral tone colors. 

ya thats what i was saying the old one is blown out...so the new one cant match it...the only possible way it could be fixed is by thickening the lines to cover the blown out old lines and then thicken the new one to match accordingly. hope that makes sense

another option is to cover up both with a rose orsomething and throw a ribbon in the design (google rose with ribbon to see what i mean) and put the roman numerals in the ribbons in the new design....make sure its the same artsist cor both this time lol