Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoulHackSyxxx

Prices!?!

27 posts in this topic

Hey!

So I was just speaking to a local tattoo artist who flyer I found in someones door and shower him something I wanted to get done(a arrow on my inner bicep). I asked him how much he'd charge for it then he asked what can I afford, I gave him a range of $15-20 then he says "my ass", what the fuck was the point then? Then he asked my age, race and bullshit. I even told him I'd been out of work for a few months so I can't  afford much so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. 

What would you guys charge for a arrow on someone's inner bicep? I've definitely been put off by this person, I definitely don't want someone that is talking down to me doing my tattoo so now I need to find a new artist. 

My minimum is $80, even if all you want is dot

no offence, but if you go to buy a bottle of whiskey, then tell the shop keeper, I have a dollar... is like you re jerking his chain. not sure who was rude to whom here.

how much d you think he would profit, deducting supply expenses (clip cord covers, machine covers, Vaseline, blade, napkins, bandage, stick tape, Vaseline, tongue depressor, grips, needles, disinfectant, stencil, ink, ink caps, rent, electricity, and his time, from those 15$? I sometimes wonder if these posts are intentionally written to get us going..

I preferred the old ink trails where it was about the tattooing aspect of tattooing and not about the price/ cost/ or what should I get/where should I get it or the 'I got this and it doesn't look like what I wanted any more ( cos I picked fuck out of it but I get a free touch up) what do you guys think'

if they would just read the intro/ rules they would see that half the people on here haven't even used a tattoo machine on anything other than rubber practice skins or pigskin but they are asking mostly 'amateurs and wannabes'  what is the best thing to do/ get

FFS... I just read that to myself and I look like a grumpy old cunt, that's what happens when u  reach 50+😂

Mac

5 hours ago, dead bird singing said:

no offence, but if you go to buy a bottle of whiskey, then tell the shop keeper, I have a dollar... is like you re jerking his chain. not sure who was rude to whom here.

how much d you think he would profit, deducting supply expenses (clip cord covers, machine covers, Vaseline, blade, napkins, bandage, stick tape, Vaseline, tongue depressor, grips, needles, disinfectant, stencil, ink, ink caps, rent, electricity, and his time, from those 15$? I sometimes wonder if these posts are intentionally written to get us going..

Did you read the post!?!?! HE ASKED ME to price it. what the fuck. Learn to fucking read. 

4 hours ago, mac_1au said:

I preferred the old ink trails where it was about the tattooing aspect of tattooing and not about the price/ cost/ or what should I get/where should I get it or the 'I got this and it doesn't look like what I wanted any more ( cos I picked fuck out of it but I get a free touch up) what do you guys think'

if they would just read the intro/ rules they would see that half the people on here haven't even used a tattoo machine on anything other than rubber practice skins or pigskin but they are asking mostly 'amateurs and wannabes'  what is the best thing to do/ get

FFS... I just read that to myself and I look like a grumpy old cunt, that's what happens when u  reach 50+😂

Mac

Then going build your own site and stop being a bitch, There's nothing wrong with asking for advice you grumpy old fuck. 

Edited by SoulHackSyxxx
typo

beg to differ, he asked what you could afford... which from your part was not even remotely close to reasonable.. and I think  you shouldn't even have stepped a foot in the shop. perhaps he was trying to be nice and not overprice, or to see what style to go for in respect to your budget.. till you shat all over it by offering 15 bucks.

you asked for advice, and got an opinion. if you cant humble up and take it, I d say cut your attitude and go cry to yo mama. I m not here to cuddle you or fix your ego. you can kiss my balls if you like though..

for 15 bucks.

Edited by dead bird singing

He can kiss mine and I won't even charge him.. cos I'm a grumpy old fuck 😂

If he wants advice maybe this isn't the ideal forum to be in , try www.ineedahug.com

juat can't understand why a legit tattooist would be asking a dickhead like that to price a tattoo,😕

Or has his shit command of the English language thrown me off somewhere? I'm positive he asked the tattooist for a price on an arrow on his inner bicep and he responded by 'how much do you reckon? To which he replied 15-20 bucks, to which his artist laughed ( I don't blame him to be honest)

i think the OP should just fuck off and get a job before deciding he wants a tattoo  especially if his limit is just less than a packet of cigarettes 

just sayin' 😉

13 hours ago, SoulHackSyxxx said:

Hey!

So I was just speaking to a local tattoo artist who flyer I found in someones door and shower him something I wanted to get done(a arrow on my inner bicep). I asked him how much he'd charge for it then he asked what can I afford, I gave him a range of $15-20 then he says "my ass", what the fuck was the point then? Then he asked my age, race and bullshit. I even told him I'd been out of work for a few months so I can't  afford much so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. 

What would you guys charge for a arrow on someone's inner bicep? I've definitely been put off by this person, I definitely don't want someone that is talking down to me doing my tattoo so now I need to find a new artist. 

Wow.

4 hours ago, SoulHackSyxxx said:

Did you read the post!?!?! HE ASKED ME to price it. what the fuck. Learn to fucking read. 

Then going build your own site and stop being a bitch, There's nothing wrong with asking for advice you grumpy old fuck. 

Please do not come onto a forum when your menstral cycle is due. all you have done is alienate the very people you have come and ask advise from.

Best thread in months! I do miss the heyday of the tattoo forums.....*sigh*

Having introduced his/herself (there seems to be some question there) as a "canvas" should've given us a clue as to how quickly the wheels were going to come off on this one.

Edited by David

My first thought was... if you are out of work - why are you trying to get a tattoo?

7 hours ago, dead bird singing said:

beg to differ, he asked what you could afford... which from your part was not even remotely close to reasonable.. and I think  you shouldn't even have stepped a foot in the shop. perhaps he was trying to be nice and not overprice, or to see what style to go for in respect to your budget.. till you shat all over it by offering 15 bucks.

you asked for advice, and got an opinion. if you cant humble up and take it, I d say cut your attitude and go cry to yo mama. I m not here to cuddle you or fix your ego. you can kiss my balls if you like though..

for 15 bucks.

I never wen to the shop, will you fuckers please READ what the actual fuck!?!? eat shit and die you offered no advice, the lot of you clearly don't know the difference between advice and criticism...it's people like you running around popping out babies and fucking up society because you don't know simple differences and can barely read or pay attention to detail, so much for being an artist...the fuck..

7 hours ago, mac_1au said:

He can kiss mine and I won't even charge him.. cos I'm a grumpy old fuck 😂

If he wants advice maybe this isn't the ideal forum to be in , try www.ineedahug.com

juat can't understand why a legit tattooist would be asking a dickhead like that to price a tattoo,😕

Or has his shit command of the English language thrown me off somewhere? I'm positive he asked the tattooist for a price on an arrow on his inner bicep and he responded by 'how much do you reckon? To which he replied 15-20 bucks, to which his artist laughed ( I don't blame him to be honest)

i think the OP should just fuck off and get a job before deciding he wants a tattoo  especially if his limit is just less than a packet of cigarettes 

just sayin' 😉

bitch be gone, you people and you inability to read. realistically I should no longer acknowledge your kind. LEARN TO READ PROPERLY. 

3 hours ago, mark101 said:

Wow.

Please do not come onto a forum when your menstral cycle is due. all you have done is alienate the very people you have come and ask advise from.

pay attention, no one gave advice, you're all just critical, i'm ten times worst on my period. 

1 hour ago, InkedSJChick said:

My first thought was... if you are out of work - why are you trying to get a tattoo?

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING STUPID....READ!?!?? I TOLD HIM I'D just gotten a job. tha fuck man. You're all so fucking worthless. This was so simple and you lot turn it to a SHIT storm...how tha fuck. 

READ FUKKAS READ!!!

1 hour ago, InkedSJChick said:

matter o' fact, bitch get out you're just another fucking wagonist. 

OK figured it out, I blocked all those people.

Back to the original topic/question.

What is an appropriate price that you guys would charge for a arrow on someones inner bicep?

Really simple question requires really simple answer. Not sarcasm and other bullshit. 

First of all, I read your post. Simple answer, $80-$120, depending on size

Now quit being a cunt

9 minutes ago, adm said:

First of all, I read your post. Simple answer, $80-$120, depending on size

Now quit being a cunt

Ya kno... You were the only one I gave a thumbs up because I thought you were sensible...I take it back now. -_-

You're wack as fuck and always will be. Kick Rocks ya broke ass

Bitch bye. 

I can see why this forum died. 

Edited by SoulHackSyxxx

So, you joined this forum to complain about not being able to afford a tattoo? what a scrub

Word of advice.  You stated you are a canvas.  That's great.  Really it is.  Tattooing takes two people.  The Tattoo artist and the Canvas.  But as a canvas, you have some responsibility as well. Research and know what you are getting in to.  Really try to understand what you can, should, and shouldn't say or do.  The artist you went to acknowledged you were in a tough situation financially.  Instead of telling you what his actual prices are or giving you an over the top, expensive quote to make you go away, he actually asked you, what you could do.  Telling him 15 to 20 dollars was a slap in the face.  I get it.  You weren't trying to be an asshole.  That was really what you could afford.  Fine.  But understand, that if you go to any reputable tattoo shop, you will get the same response.  With the exception of 13 dollar and 20 dollar tattoo specials shop run on special holidays once in a blue moon, you will not find a tattoo at that price anywhere.  And if you do, it isn't going to be a quality tattoo.  $100 shoes at your local shoe shop vs 10 shoes from Walmart. You get what you pay for.  No self respecting tattoo artist will spend his time and make an effort to give you a quality tattoo for 20.00. You want an inexpensive tattoo?  Find a tattoo apprentice that is willing to practice on you. They will usually do it for free or charge you 20 bucks AND they'll try their best - most times.

Majority of tattoo minimums run $60.00 to $80.00. This is essentially the setup fee.  Tattoos that fall under this price range are small simple infinity signs and semi-colon type stuff. If you do your homework and  treat the Tattoo Artist with respect you might get a nice surprise.  If you had done the homework, realized that 60-80 dollars was the norm, saved a little and told him that was what you could do.  He might have said hey, I usually charge 120-150 but today, I'll hook you up.  It happens.  I've done it myself.

So in short.  Yes, you didn't know but also, you are responsible as a canvas to do some research.  It will benefit you in the long run.

Also - You referred to yourself as a canvas.  That implies you want ART on your body and not just another tramp stamp.   Don't rush to get tattoos.  Save up if you have to and get something sweet.  Be an awesome canvas.  Put great art on yourself.  Great art doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg.  It just doesn't cost 20.00 bucks. 

BUT DO YOU READ????

pretty sure your post said you had been out of work for a few months with no mention of a new job🤔

But anyway.... now that we're all friends again here's your answer, go into a shop and explain what you want and ask for a price, some charge by the hour and some charge by the piece, I'm in Australia and most shops here charge between 160-180 an hour.

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Word of advice.  You stated you are a canvas.  That's great.  Really it is.  Tattooing takes two people.  The Tattoo artist and the Canvas.  But as a canvas, you have some responsibility as well. Research and know what you are getting in to.  Really try to understand what you can, should, and shouldn't say or do.  The artist you went to acknowledged you were in a tough situation financially.  Instead of telling you what his actual prices are or giving you an over the top, expensive quote to make you go away, he actually asked you, what you could do.  Telling him 15 to 20 dollars was a slap in the face.  I get it.  You weren't trying to be an asshole.  That was really what you could afford.  Fine.  But understand, that if you go to any reputable tattoo shop, you will get the same response.  With the exception of 13 dollar and 20 dollar tattoo specials shop run on special holidays once in a blue moon, you will not find a tattoo at that price anywhere.  And if you do, it isn't going to be a quality tattoo.  $100 shoes at your local shoe shop vs 10 shoes from Walmart. You get what you pay for.  No self respecting tattoo artist will spend his time and make an effort to give you a quality tattoo for 20.00. You want an inexpensive tattoo?  Find a tattoo apprentice that is willing to practice on you. They will usually do it for free or charge you 20 bucks AND they'll try their best - most times.

Majority of tattoo minimums run $60.00 to $80.00. This is essentially the setup fee.  Tattoos that fall under this price range are small simple infinity signs and semi-colon type stuff. If you do your homework and  treat the Tattoo Artist with respect you might get a nice surprise.  If you had done the homework, realized that 60-80 dollars was the norm, saved a little and told him that was what you could do.  He might have said hey, I usually charge 120-150 but today, I'll hook you up.  It happens.  I've done it myself.

So in short.  Yes, you didn't know but also, you are responsible as a canvas to do some research.  It will benefit you in the long run.

Also - You referred to yourself as a canvas.  That implies you want ART on your body and not just another tramp stamp.   Don't rush to get tattoos.  Save up if you have to and get something sweet.  Be an awesome canvas.  Put great art on yourself.  Great art doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg.  It just doesn't cost 20.00 bucks. 

Hey thanks for the advice, this is all I was looking for. He could've said all this to me but I guess most tattooist have the same belligerent behaviours? Well I guess they have hundreds of clients. Anyway he lost out on me (I have atleast 6-7 other tattoos planned and I'll just give the money to someone else.) and I'll find someone else to continue to show me the ropes. 

He lost out on you?!?!  He dodged a fucking bullet, is what he did. You are a hilariously childish brat.  Keep stomping your feet; I'll keep coming back for the entertainment. 

6 hours ago, David said:

He lost out on you?!?!  He dodged a fucking bullet, is what he did. You are a hilariously childish brat.  Keep stomping your feet; I'll keep coming back for the entertainment. 

Hahaha

blocks many more people it wont see what fun its missing.

and i was so nice on my welcome thread it made.

mind you if it spoke to the artist like it does on here no wonder he got shitty

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, SoulHackSyxxx said:

I need to apologise to you.. did not realise you were a lady, and thought i was speaking with a guy. I really do need to learn how to read properly after all.

please don't mind the guys here, their acting like dicks  is their way of getting your attention. even me, i only did it because it was hurting inside.. to look at your profile, without an ice breaker.

adm is a good artist, but his tattoos cost money. if you ask me..  fuckin aristocrat, that s not what we look for! i would suggest that you block him. 

then mark.. only cares about fishing. I d block him too..

dave ... doesn't know shit either, didn't even like my beautiful light house, that one.. I blocked him a long time ago.

i think the tatoo artist you went to was a clear cunt, especially since you told him (after him showing useless interest in you and wasting your time).. that you didn't mean to pay jack shit for your tattoo. he was also a jerk for acting surprised that you weren't gonna pay for your tattoo, since you had already mentioned to the busy man that you were lazy and unemployed. 

as you say, and I agree -  you should deffo find another artist, and dismiss the one whose tattoo you cannot  afford to pay anyway (small detail). it is all your choice and his loss, of course.

another suggestion... might try call the tattooist again and tell him something along these lines -  hey dipshit, remember that 15$ offer i made to you? well, it just went down to $7. Donald trump style. perhaps he ll panic, and grovel for you to reconsider. last but not least, don't forget to specify the exact time and day when you re available, for him to make any necessary cancellations / amendments in order to accommodate.

hope this helps. xx