Sign in to follow this  
Mockmetat

Please give me reassurance on cleanliness of tattoo parlours!

hi guys. You’re going to think I’m crazy.
I plucked up the courage to have my first tat. A really small triangle on my wrist. However, it’s ended up giving me total anxiety. I would suffer from a bit of anxiety/ depression which I am on medication and I upped the dose a couple of days ago but I’m stuck worrying about the safety of my tattoo!
i chose a reputable (I think) parlour with a 5/5 star rating on facebook. The guy wore gloves. Covered the arm rest and light with celephane, used a disposable needle, and covered the wire of the gun (if that’s the right name for the device) with plastic.
Yet I can’t get out of my head what if it wasn’t clean? What if I’ve caught something. I’m such a tattoo newbie and I think it could relieve my anxiety if a tattooist could reassure me that all that would protect against catching anything. I mean…the tattooist needs to protect himself too, so therefore everything would need to be super clean? How often is a tattoo parlour tested for cleanliness? Who regulates it?
i know I am nuts. Health anxiety I guess!
Please. Tell me I’m being stupid and I haven’t caught hepatitis.

If your concerns are so bad that your fucking with the dosage of your prescribed med's, go to your physician and have blood work done. No one can accurately guess the sanitary conditions of any one else's workspace based on even the most thorough description. 

Never has so much crap been spoke about more than clenliness

go back to the 60s 70s when a slop bucket was used for cleaning tattoos 

no gloves were used same needles used etc

how many infectious diseases were passed on ? 

Infections are really extremely rare caught through the  tattoo process most of them are caught outside of the shop

You would probably have more chance of catching something from your doctors surgery! 

Just saying...😉

14 minutes ago, mac_1au said:

You would probably have more chance of catching something from your doctors surgery! 

Just saying...😉

Definitley more chance at the dentist

13 hours ago, Mockmetat said:

I have a dentist appointment next week! 😂😳

Cancel the dentist appointment and go get a tattoo...🤔

• Upvote 1