Detaileddawn

Is my tattoo infected?

Received this tattoo 7 days ago from today. It is healing much more differently than the other 10 tattoos I have. It is super hyper sensitive to touch and movement still. It's fairly small in comparison to most of my other tattoos. No fever, no swelling, no "normal" signs of infection. (I say normal because I know everyone heals differently) what do you guys say? http://m.imgur.com/738h4JZ.jpg

Looks like it's in the last stage of healing as you can see where the scabbing on the line work has 'shrunk' . It also looks like it's very dry! , did you get aftercare instructions from your artist? Like washing it and applying ointment?

The pain could be from the fact that it  is dry and 'tight' but then again I'm looking at the pic on a phone which means I can't see  a great pic of it. IMO,  have a shower and dry it let it go for another 3 days maximum and if it's the same go see a doctor 

Yes, I receive aftercare instructions from every artist I receive pieces from and I understand that each artist recommends something slightly different and each person does their own aftercare. So aftercare is not something new to me as I have never gone wrong with unscented antibacterial soap for washes and aquaphor for the first 3-5 days then transitioning into unscented lubriderm lotion until fully healed. And yes it is dry from my own doing of being afraid of an infection and letting it dry a little too much.  

Get to the Er quick your arm needs cutting off lol

i dont use anything on my ink to heal never had any problems YET.

On 20/01/2017 at 9:43 PM, Detaileddawn said:

Yes, I receive aftercare instructions from every artist I receive pieces from and I understand that each artist recommends something slightly different and each person does their own aftercare. So aftercare is not something new to me as I have never gone wrong with unscented antibacterial soap for washes and aquaphor for the first 3-5 days then transitioning into unscented lubriderm lotion until fully healed. And yes it is dry from my own doing of being afraid of an infection and letting it dry a little too much.  

So really what you are saying is that yes you did receive aftercare instructions and no you did not follow them but instead decided that you knew best and let it dry out then do an internet search to find out of YOU have managed to get it infected?🤔

....just saying! 😉