• Announcements

Don Bosco

Please help me with some tips and tricks

I know this forum isn't used much anymore but i hope to kickstart it and since i'm just beginning i could realy use some help 

Just got my STIGMA HYPER V3 and tomorrow ik will have pigskin but i'm already practicing on fake skin the last 2 days. 

My question is....is it good to just start tattoing straight lines 1 after another and circles from big to small for gaining precision and control or are there specific exercises to learn that 

Any tips or trics are Welcome at this point 

all shapes are good. it s actually nice to see someone starting small, with the very basics, way i feel it should be. 

might be good to experiment with different line thicknesses, long throw, shorter throw, - see what difference in results, or what groupings work better with what...  

pulling a line towards you, away from you.. gain confidence with things of the sort... 

• Upvote 1

Tattooing gets knocked as "just tracing" by those who want to diminish its integrity as a skilled trade; but following a stencil, on a soft curved surface, that occasionally moves, with a miniature jackhammer that's dragging a cable, while your twisting in an awkward position....can sometimes present a challenge. 

Yeah i already figured that one out lol and it is frustrating but on the other hand it makes me wanna push myself even harder 

I have great respect for the trade and i will start from the ground up and i'm gaining control and confidence with every hour i'm tattooing 

THX for the tips !