KeshiaB

Cover ups - star tattoos

10 posts in this topic

Just a couple of questions, from an artist's perspective, how difficult are star shaped tattoos to cover up? What are some good ideas to cover up star tattoos with? Or would you just recommend getting them lasered a few times then doing a cover up?

Lots of variables to consider. Got a photo of the tattoo?

Sorry for the crappy shot, difficult location being on the side of the back/ribs. They are quite faded now and just look crappy (another I got when I was a teenager and not thinking!). I'd love to get an art nouveau style piece to cover the stars, maybe of a woman, but I can't for the life of me think how you could cover such distinct shapes. Open to any other suggestions!

425996_10151348286698922_825128162_n.jpg

There's a ton of open space between those stars. Go big and I'm sure you can find someone who can come up with the design you want. 

Hi. I had the same problem few months ago. But i had much bigger stars than yours. I googled this gallery and covered my stars with big Star Wars hero. May be you will find some useful pictures for you.

Look here

On 28.11.2016 at 10:16 AM, KeshiaB said:

Just a couple of questions, from an artist's perspective, how difficult are star shaped tattoos to cover up? What are some good ideas to cover up star tattoos with? Or would you just recommend getting them lasered a few times then doing a cover up?

I don't think that it's a big problem with covering up these stars :) I agree, they're not very big and there's enough space between them, you should find a good artist who can help you with the new design ;)
Personally I would make smth like this one but I'm not sure if you like such big tattoos...

black-tattoo-5-650x650.jpg
Also you can look here http://stylemann.com/best-black-tattoo-ideas/ for more ideas in case of cover ups :)

A: That design wouldn't cover a damn thing

B: That is horribly applied. Love the wrong side of the line mistake dead center

Good to know it's possible to get this covered. Sorry P-Machinery, I don't like that design. I really want to get a nice Art Nouveau design (think Alfons Mucha inspired) I'd love a woman surrounded by swirling shapes but if that's not possible then I'd be happy to give the artist freedom with any Art Nouveau style design that will work, I'll just save the woman for another part of my body. Nothing too heavy and dark if I can avoid it! 

This whole thing will be at least a year or two off, I'm currently saving/paying for my wedding and honeymoon, so no time/money to get inked (unfortunately) at this stage. At least being on my back I don't need to look at it!

17 hours ago, David said:

A: That design wouldn't cover a damn thing

B: That is horribly applied. Love the wrong side of the line mistake dead center

Was gonna say the same thing 

17 hours ago, KeshiaB said:

Good to know it's possible to get this covered. Sorry P-Machinery, I don't like that design. I really want to get a nice Art Nouveau design (think Alfons Mucha inspired) I'd love a woman surrounded by swirling shapes but if that's not possible then I'd be happy to give the artist freedom with any Art Nouveau style design that will work, I'll just save the woman for another part of my body. Nothing too heavy and dark if I can avoid it! 

This whole thing will be at least a year or two off, I'm currently saving/paying for my wedding and honeymoon, so no time/money to get inked (unfortunately) at this stage. At least being on my back I don't need to look at it!

You have an idea what you want now take it to the artist and let them run with it.