• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Alan Gore

My First Tattoo (Ever) - Work In Progress [Skull/roses]

my__first__piece__as_tattoo_artist_by_fgore-d9ezxy8.jpg

I have done some training on fake skins/fruits for a while now , studding tattoo with e-books and videos. This is my first work, but I still have to finish it. Also I could not tattoo it as I would prefer, since I was using a friend studio ... So I had to put some lines and remove some details.

I'm a little 'sad' with the outcome because my "victim" want to paint the eyes/mouth/nose with pure black and paint the roses red/old school - and I really wanted to do like the reference (with colors/ ''fire'') going on in those areas/ roses more realistic, not old school.

Anyway, I hope to learn as fast as I can and, someday, find a job on US (I'm from brazil)

btw: I'm also a digital painter, if you want to check my work: http://fgore.deviantart.com/ .

I hope to make friends around here, someone said that you guys are awesome and I would find some useful tips and criticism wink.png

Best regards

Edited by Alan Gore

make sure it is healed before you go back in

^^^

Definitely needs a lot more dimension. Your lines look fairly clean from what I can see. A lot of details missing from the image. Particularly the upper pallette. For a first go it isn't bad.

Far cry from digital painting tho eh?

Your first "victim" should have been yourself, plenty of skin on your legs to find out how fast or slow to move your hand to suit your machine. Fake skin doesn't let you see blowouts etc and neither does reading books or watching videos....

Just saying!

Mac

^^^

Definitely needs a lot more dimension. Your lines look fairly clean from what I can see. A lot of details missing from the image. Particularly the upper pallette. For a first go it isn't bad.

Far cry from digital painting tho eh?

Yeap!! I must admit I'm having some rough time to adjust here, the traditional media and, specially tattooing with coils machines) ( I have a little problem in both hands - I was in an accident. But not a big deal, I'll get used to it). ...

Anyway, the approach in tattooing is way too 'different' and harder to me - Which make it more fun, I guess, I'm feeling like a 8 yrs old boy who just started learning to paint .

---

But , at least, I know a few things already that will be handy in the future (like color theory, contrast on B&W etc.)

Your first "victim" should have been yourself, plenty of skin on your legs to find out how fast or slow to move your hand to suit your machine. Fake skin doesn't let you see blowouts etc and neither does reading books or watching videos....

Just saying!

Mac

In my country we can not have tattoo while working in police force. There's a new rule of our supreme court allowing it, that came out just last week or so, I think I'll have a few ones soon. Regards

Edited by Alan Gore

your in the police force?

what country are you in? (just read brazil)

Bad choice of word, sorry. I meant "law enforcement" , but I'm more like a "prison guard" , not police officer.