Long time no see.. Read more... ×
ilia

Water Based Moisturizer While Tattooing?

hello there

so ive been reading the tattoo artist black book and alot here on ink trails on how Vaseline is not a good choice to lubricate the skin while tattooing. so i stopped using it! for the idea of not using an oil based lubricant with latex gloves.

so ist any damage to use water based moisturizer while tattooing instead? like helosan (which is perfume free)

thanks.

Why not just change to latex-free gloves if you are happy with how the Vaseline is working for you? but in my opinion a water based moisturizer isn't really gonna do the same job as petroleum jelly

Mac

yeah true that i can use latex free gloves, but was just wondering for the sake of getting some new information and learn new ways :)

Moisturiser soaks into the skin, Vaseline sits ON the skin= easier clean up and protects your stencil when wiping... Stick with what you know and trust. And it's not like your gloves are gonna disintegrate and fall off your hands half way through a line!

Moisturiser soaks into the skin, Vaseline sits ON the skin= easier clean up and protects your stencil when wiping... Stick with what you know and trust. And it's not like your gloves are gonna disintegrate and fall off your hands half way through a line!

but your hands may disintegrate and fall into your gloves lol

Mad people still use Vaseline,,,but I'm hooked on the smell of Hustle Butter and I can't give it up! Lol

I have always used A&D, or Aquaphor ointment however, I never liked the way it clogged the needles after a few passes. I did some research, found that vitamin E oil could be used as a thinning process for those ointments and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm sure the same vitamin E oil could be used with Vaseline, since it is also oil based. Hope someone finds this information useful and happy inking. Valen Phoenix