Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cu_luu

My Sketches

92 posts in this topic

i don't have goal on here. i feel like to share my art here that it's. why do u think my drawing level is low??? honestly im here to relax and see other artist work.

Everything you've shown here is sloppy, not well thought out. Unrefined, and I can tell you're not using good art as reference. again, you say you dont need to study anatomy, however, every sketch you've posted has a character subject, which are poorly done. Take the image above. The eyes arent spaced properly, nor shaped correctly. Also, the face is dead, expressionless. these things won't correct themselves with time. You need to study imagery to see whats right, and to see whats wrong with your work.

You obviously like your own work, which is great if this is your hobby, but if you actually want to tattoo and compete on a professional level, you need to ditch your feelings, and realize your art sucks (cause it does)...onlyn then will your eyes open, and you'll begin to improve

Edited by adm

why u don't draw one. prove that your words is true. actually you don't have to. it's up to you.

why u don't draw one. prove that your words is true. actually you don't have to. it's up to you.

Never assume that someone can't tell you your artwork doesn't look good because you haven't seen theirs.

You are seriously doom in yourself to be mediocre at best. What happens when a client comes in wanting something you've never done before? "Oh, sorry, I can only draw ladies in a 3/4 view, so I can't do that, because I refuse to study that thing you want. Sorry, that's just how it is"?

*crickets*

i can't say anything about your tattoo portfolio. i see you believe claim to be perfect and i believe your word is bigger than your hand.

Never assume that someone can't tell you your artwork doesn't look good because you haven't seen theirs. You are seriously doom in yourself to be mediocre at best. What happens when a client comes in wanting something you've never done before? "Oh, sorry, I can only draw ladies in a 3/4 view, so I can't do that, because I refuse to study that thing you want. Sorry, that's just how it is"?

i don't want to say this but you are just another big word. if you can draw, draw it. i will draw back.

You misread what I typed. I'll make it more simple cause of the language barrier.

I DO NOT claim to be perfect, but I can say that I work very hard at what i do, and I believe my work shows it.

Now, keep in mind, that both supernummy and myself are both professional tattoo artists, and that we do this for a living, every day. Why would you disregard our opinions and/or advice? If you really want to be a tattoo artist, why bite the hand that feeds you?

Would you like to see the rest of my portfolio? Remember, even people who don't draw are your critics. Do you assume that all of your customers are going to immediatly say "yes that is good"? Your customer is going to be the #1 person you have to listen to, no matter if they're an artist or not. If you try and tell people that no, they can't tell you they don't like it because they aren't artists, your career is already dead.

W6qj1d7.jpg

self praise is no praise

be your OWN worst critic

would you be happy if a tattoo artist did those on you?????????????/

I BET YOU WOULDNT

you know best

everyone else is wrong seen it 100 times before on here and on other forums

if the human form doesnt intrest you to study

STOP BLOODY DRAWING IT THEN

i see it now when supermummy post his drawing. thank you both and i promise to draw it back. it's pleasure to see your art.

a1dd105e-fbc6-4865-9e65-29f818904f10_zpsdfrkxbmu.jpg

pure evil sketch.

Edited by cu_luu

Seeing as we have to submit our portfolios to critique....

11391564_10152835116007274_9079947041536422224_n.jpg?oh=ce5d91c0a846ece73a55db70eb89869d&oe=5749FDBD

11244575_10152772042937274_1758835550082001310_n.jpg?oh=11b2c44640f4767dd1a70ffeb55ebfb9&oe=571CA16810423704_10152761616382274_4895140570602360472_n.jpg?oh=8a5caadbbb1796742e2964f4a5bf49eb&oe=5715B9DE&__gda__=1460573434_c250a0bb6857d5e66fbee925af323741

I hope these meet your standard and I am adequate enough to have an opinion....

Everything everyone said is 100% correct. Your work is not at a good enough level to be shrugging off "studying"

Your bodies are wrong, and the anatomy is totally off. and you will not improve unless you work on anatomy as a whole. Not just work on one specific thing thats wrong with a shitty sketch. I understand you are not going for Realism, and that is why the type of art you are trying to produce is best left to be critiqued by the likes of Adm.... So if you really would like to succeed at being a better artist, I would listen to whatever the fuck he and others have to say.

I don't say any of that to put you down, and neither do the others - as long as you are willing to listen, which so far you have blown off everyones advice. as long as you do that, the longer you refuse to acknowledge your own mistakes and you'll never progress as far as shitty half ass sketches that just look wrong.

example of this - You have posted around 8-9ish months of progression, sine beginning of this thread, to your last post. If anything your lines have got a little better naturally the more confident you have become in your own drawings. But thats as far as you've progressed. your refusal to acknowledge and improve on your mistakes have held you back that you are still drawing shitty, warped sketches.

why sell yourself short?

just my 2 cents.

where does the hair stop and shirt begin on the back

it molds into 1

where does the hair stop and shirt begin on the back

it molds into 1

Thats just your opinion mark tongue.png

a25d2ab2-dc21-4119-8dd8-9db1a3c87df3_zpsthjiyz8a.jpg

feeding a frog shitty sketch.

If your goal was to sketch a girl with muscular dystrophy, well done!

Thats just your opinion mark tongue.png

nahhhhhhhhh thats fact ph34r.png

hahaha thx.

real fact

83e3d637-b659-43ae-bd2b-b46960cd3dcc_zpsgvs9vhgu.jpg

she's not evil. she's becoming sad, hateful, and angry demon sketch.

This one isn't as funny as the the others, but I still lol'd

80b53ac0-c6a9-44d0-a4e0-7cafae04ebd7_zpsovofpzst.jpg

jungle queen sketch.

974a064b-f926-412e-a97e-fd6a276332e1_zpswxco1r3c.jpg

poisoning like women's heart sketch.

Edited by cu_luu