Sign in to follow this  
cu_luu

My Sketches

Hello there-

You have some nice variety in there. Is asian (japanese/chinese/etc) design your favorite style? I see you are trying a lot of different things from windbars and samurai masks to koi and geisha. I realize it is a lot of sheets but it would be nice to see the sketches individually so viewers could analyze them in better detail.

Keep creating art!

-Zero

Hello there-

You have some nice variety in there. Is asian (japanese/chinese/etc) design your favorite style? I see you are trying a lot of different things from windbars and samurai masks to koi and geisha. I realize it is a lot of sheets but it would be nice to see the sketches individually so viewers could analyze them in better detail.

Keep creating art!

-Zero

ye im learning to tattoo. for now i draw as much as i can and practicing on my skin. when i get little save up, i can go for apprenticeship.

You really lose it when it comes to the human figure. I'd suggest picking up a few books on anatomy for artists. You have potential, but you need to study your ass off. Copy just about every drawing you see in the anatomy books. It'll begin to click after a while

You really lose it when it comes to the human figure. I'd suggest picking up a few books on anatomy for artists. You have potential, but you need to study your ass off. Copy just about every drawing you see in the anatomy books. It'll begin to click after a while

anatomy book is bored.it has nothing relate to tattoo. i don't like to draw something i don't feel about it. let me know what is off on my figures and i will focus carefully on it.

Everything pal. You need to know the rules of anatomy before you can play with them, let alone implement them in your designs. Same goes with the anatomy of animals, fish, snakes, tigers etc...if the anatomy is off, it will not be appealing. And yes, this applies to tattoos as well, especially for someone focused on Japanese art.

Since you used the word "bored" I feel inclined to take the gloves off and give it to you straight. Art is hard, and can be very boring at times. You're not nearly at any level to be bored with basic fundamentals in art. You are far from producing professional work, and everything you do right now should be practice...exercise. Yes, it gets boring and tedious, and thats what makes it hard. Can you honestly look at your drawing of the woman and baby and think "yep, looks great!"? You're not gonna be knocking out rad art until you gain some tools. That comes from studying

Edited by adm
  • Upvote 1

anatomy book is bored.it has nothing relate to tattoo. i don't like to draw something i don't feel about it. let me know what is off on my figures and i will focus carefully on it.

the drawing you posted is anatomy and tattoo based so how has it nothing to do with the tattoo?

and you need to finish it i hate seeing half completed pictures posted as you can only say its not finished.

post a picture in 3 sittings

line shaded and coloured

Edited by mark101

Everything pal. You need to know the rules of anatomy before you can play with them, let alone implement them in your designs. Same goes with the anatomy of animals, fish, snakes, tigers etc...if the anatomy is off, it will not be appealing. And yes, this applies to tattoos as well, especially for someone focused on Japanese art.

Since you used the word "bored" I feel inclined to take the gloves off and give it to you straight. Art is hard, and can be very boring at times. You're not nearly at any level to be bored with basic fundamentals in art. You are far from producing professional work, and everything you do right now should be practice...exercise. Yes, it gets boring and tedious, and thats what makes it hard. Can you honestly look at your drawing of the woman and baby and think "yep, looks great!"? You're not gonna be knocking out rad art until you gain some tools. That comes from studying

idk. for me i cant study. studying is always good but i believe it has to stop at some point unless u are scientist or engineering. i won't get it good today, but tomorrow and on..it will be different. i will keep going to draw. i wouldn't say art is hard. art is a pleasure for me. have u feel happy or depressing to make it? that's all arts about. a girl left eyes is a bit high, and everything eles look fine to me.

Well, since you got it all figured out, best of luck

Edited by adm
  • Upvote 1

Well, since you got it all figured out, best of luck

Looks like you're trying to flog a dead horse with this one Adam! Lol

• Upvote 1

idk. for me i cant study. studying is always good but i believe it has to stop at some point unless u are scientist or engineering. i won't get it good today, but tomorrow and on..it will be different. i will keep going to draw. i wouldn't say art is hard. art is a pleasure for me. have u feel happy or depressing to make it? that's all arts about. a girl left eyes is a bit high, and everything eles look fine to me.

Not having to study for art is the funniest and wrongest thing I've heard all day.

• Upvote 2

Your perspective is way off. If that girl is laying in the water, then the fish are all at the wrong angle, they look dead and floating sideways. Better use of anatomy, me thinks you traced the body. and left out the arms because you didnt know what to do with them. Face is okay, but still very flat, especially the eyes. The chrysanthemums only have the 1 tier of pedals, which look cheap, they need more pedals.

Finger waves are bad. I know they are hard to draw, I studied (yes studied) finger waves, and filled an entire sketchbook until they began to work for me.

And all the swirly background lines dont make sense, they are confusing

• Upvote 1

The moment you decide you no longer have to study is the moment you stop progressing. It also feels traced and pieced together to me.

i decide to not study because i don't want study something i don't like or i already know. progressing of what??? study is not making progressing. it's up to a person who make progressing by keep practicing it.

y do u feel traced or pieced together??

hilarious.

What's your goal in posting these sketches here? If you're looking for praise, get it from your mother.

Your drawing level is fundamentally low, and because of this, it is advised that you study and keep drawing. If you honestly think your drawings are good, you will undoubtedly fail as a tattoo artist.

hilarious.

What's your goal in posting these sketches here? If you're looking for praise, get it from your mother.

Your drawing level is fundamentally low, and because of this, it is advised that you study and keep drawing. If you honestly think your drawings are good, you will undoubtedly fail as a tattoo artist.

i don't have goal on here. i feel like to share my art here that it's. why do u think my drawing level is low??? honestly im here to relax and see other artist work.