Rem

Traditional Panther

looking for some constructive feedback on this Traditional Panther. Im building a portfolio so will likely post a bit in the near future.

post-31862-0-23446700-1382346255_thumb.j

Cheers in advance for any help.

looking for some constructive feedback on this

I have a few issues with this... the big one being the head, why does the panther have a mane?? the head is all wrong it looks more panther/werewolf

second i think the whole body/legs should be a bit thicker.**

i`m just nit-picking now but the outside of tail looks a little rough - smooth curves here

Other than that the colour/shading is spot on.

**p.s that`s just my personal view and art is subjective..... ;)

Cheers for the input, I honestly didnt notice the "mane" until you mentioned it... all the reference i had used smooth jaw lines so im not sure what happened.

more drawing must be done :)

Problem with open critiques are that some people pick out "style" choices.

So in regards to the "art" I like it, I think the tail and line weight could use more consistent weights to them but the shading and everthing looks good to me .

I would rather see your take on a traditional panther, so with that being said I like the cringer / battlecat mane!

At first glance I thought this was a wolf/werewolf... And I thought that was an awesome take, as I like twisting traditionally recognized symbols with things that are relevant or that I think are cool. If you want this to be recognized as a 'trad panther' here are my thoughts, take down the mane, refine the ears and shorten the face. Panthers have kind of boxy heads, not long muzzles.

Other than that, clean up the linework.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

I kinda like the head and think as just a traditional design it's pretty cool. The shading looks great! The lines on the tail are a touch scrappy and are the only thing I can see that needs some attention. You are producing some cool designs man.

I like this piece.

I do think the center line down the tail is a little odd. It makes the tail look triangular. I think there is something not quite right with the right front leg. It looks twisted.and really thin. Other than that I think it's really good.

Personally I really love the shading techniques on the body, makes it look really muscular. As mentioned before i kinda like the head but its not a trad panther, but thats a style thing. What did you use for this piece? Inks or markers?